Re: FAO Moderators

  • g4ilo
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3, 2012
      Install RMS Express from ftp://autoupdate.winlink.org/User%20Programs/.

      There is good online help once you have installed the program.

      You can find a tutorial at http://www.winlink.org/webfm_send/184

      A description of APRSLink http://www.winlink.org/aprslink

      I don't have specific experience of Win 7 64bit but I always avoid the Program Files folder and install ham stuff into C:\Ham\whatever.

      You remember correctly about the WinLink multi-line messages. They work very well with APRSISCE multi-line messages. A user interface to APRSLink would be fantastic, and avoid the need to remember all the commands . Not that there are many, but my memory isn't up to much :)

      Julian, G4ILO

      > You know, I tried to get WinLink running well over a year or two ago,
      > but got stymied by the fact that it appeared to require XP and didn't
      > like something about my Vista installation at the time.
      >
      > Does WinLink work easily "out of the box" on Windows 7 64bit? If so,
      > I'll give it another look if you can provide a suitable link. I'd like
      > the fallback capability, if nothing else.
      >
      > And who knows, once I get WinLink going, I suspect you could reasonably
      > a nice APRS messaging interface to their APRS gateway to check, read,
      > and send multi-line e-mail messages. At least, I THINK that's the
      > WinLink folks that end a multi-line message with /EX, isn't it?

    • Jordan Hayes KG6UAE
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2012
        > Does WinLink work easily "out of the box" on Windows 7 64bit?

        Works for me on XP, Vista, and Win7 32/64.
      • Hank Lambert
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3, 2012

          Yes it works; just make sure you install it under the root directory instead of the programs folder. I have most of my Ham radio programs including APRSIS32 installed in a folder I named Ham under the root - c:\Ham.

          73,

          Hank Lambert

          KB4MTO/TA5ZC

          hank@...

          kb4mto@...

          www.hanklambert.com

          PGP Key: 0x9DFFC21E

          Years ago, many hams used to work a lot of DX until they got their hands on an SWR meter and found out they couldn't.