Re: FAO Moderators

  • Ron N9SZV
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3, 2012
      I use RMS Express for winlink running Windows 7 64bit runs great for me would be cool to have a interface in APRS32 for checking email or sending!!

      Ron N9SZV

      > You know, I tried to get WinLink running well over a year or two ago,
      > but got stymied by the fact that it appeared to require XP and didn't
      > like something about my Vista installation at the time.
      >
      > Does WinLink work easily "out of the box" on Windows 7 64bit? If so,
      > I'll give it another look if you can provide a suitable link. I'd like
      > the fallback capability, if nothing else.
      >
      > And who knows, once I get WinLink going, I suspect you could reasonably
      > a nice APRS messaging interface to their APRS gateway to check, read,
      > and send multi-line e-mail messages. At least, I THINK that's the
      > WinLink folks that end a multi-line message with /EX, isn't it?

      > On 9/3/2012 9:39 AM, g4ilo wrote:
      > > Get a Winlink email address (yourcall@...). Then you'll have email as long as you have got APRS or ham radio.
      > >
      > > Julian, G4ILO
      > >
      > > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <sbd64000@> wrote:
      > >> I am a bit hamstrung at the moment as my ISP has completely stuffed their authentication system. I cannot access my email, or even my account config. Reports are emails to me are bouncing. Not that I can see them anyway.
      > >> Have setup a temp email account of sbd64000@
      > >> I do have internet access. Just no email.
      > >> If any of you sent me an email, please resend to the above address.
      > >> Email has been off since 10:00UTC it's been over 12 hours now. Not a happy chappy.
      > >>
      > >> Steve G6UIM

    • g4ilo
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2012
        Install RMS Express from ftp://autoupdate.winlink.org/User%20Programs/.

        There is good online help once you have installed the program.

        You can find a tutorial at http://www.winlink.org/webfm_send/184

        A description of APRSLink http://www.winlink.org/aprslink

        I don't have specific experience of Win 7 64bit but I always avoid the Program Files folder and install ham stuff into C:\Ham\whatever.

        You remember correctly about the WinLink multi-line messages. They work very well with APRSISCE multi-line messages. A user interface to APRSLink would be fantastic, and avoid the need to remember all the commands . Not that there are many, but my memory isn't up to much :)

        Julian, G4ILO

        > You know, I tried to get WinLink running well over a year or two ago,
        > but got stymied by the fact that it appeared to require XP and didn't
        > like something about my Vista installation at the time.
        >
        > Does WinLink work easily "out of the box" on Windows 7 64bit? If so,
        > I'll give it another look if you can provide a suitable link. I'd like
        > the fallback capability, if nothing else.
        >
        > And who knows, once I get WinLink going, I suspect you could reasonably
        > a nice APRS messaging interface to their APRS gateway to check, read,
        > and send multi-line e-mail messages. At least, I THINK that's the
        > WinLink folks that end a multi-line message with /EX, isn't it?

      • Jordan Hayes KG6UAE
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3, 2012
          > Does WinLink work easily "out of the box" on Windows 7 64bit?

          Works for me on XP, Vista, and Win7 32/64.
        • Hank Lambert
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2012

            Yes it works; just make sure you install it under the root directory instead of the programs folder. I have most of my Ham radio programs including APRSIS32 installed in a folder I named Ham under the root - c:\Ham.

            73,

            Hank Lambert

            KB4MTO/TA5ZC

            hank@...

            kb4mto@...

            www.hanklambert.com

            PGP Key: 0x9DFFC21E

            Years ago, many hams used to work a lot of DX until they got their hands on an SWR meter and found out they couldn't.