Re: [aprsisce] APRSIS32 for Windows and AVRS

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2012
      On 8/30/2012 9:46 AM, Diego Passalacqua wrote:
      > Hello, i have a question about use of AVRS messages from APRSIS32 for Windows.
      > When i clic on one station i view:

      What station are you clicking on? APRSISCE/32 customizes the popup menu
      depending on what the station's is and what it is capable of. I need to
      know the exact callsign-SSID you are clicking on.

      > 1) AVRS (https://aprs.org/avrs.html) -> in this case the message response is ok

      APRSISCE/32 is aware of the AVRS server and this menu option is
      generates the appropriate query to the AVRS server which generates the
      response that you see.

      > 2) SEND AVRS -> in this case the message response is "Unable to find a position for xxxxx"

      I'm not sure where you see "SEND AVRS"? The response, however,
      indicates that the AVRS server doesn't know where xxxxxx is located
      because xxxxxxx hasn't transmitted a position update recently.

      > 3) I do not see anything about AVRS

      Where do you expect to see what about AVRS? The only reference is the
      web site you referenced above.

      > What are the difference beteween the three conditions

      Hopefully we'll be able to answer this question with more details.