Re: [aprsisce] Re: Bug Fix Forced General Release (2012/08/29 21:31)

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2012
      From the detailed release notes:

      Packet Scroller's Show IGate/Digi now has *N indicating the used hops.  This is strictly a count, not yet suppressing used "alias" hops, but it does reflect the number currently used for "local" checking by the -IS to RF Message Gating logic.  This is NOT a permanent feature!  (WB1SAR-11 & KF7WII-11 HABs)

      I had not planned on that getting into the general release, but my hand was forced by the parsing bug that caused the program to crash.  You are also correct that it's an I (eye), not a 1 (one).  That means that the packet was "heard via TCP" which means that it had TCPIP* in it's path.

      This is part of making information visible as I prepare to get into the port updates.  One of the things I need to implement is rule 4 from http://www.aprs-is.net/IGateDetails.aspx which says:

      Gate message packets and associated posits to RF if all of the following are true:

      1. the receiving station has been heard within range within a predefined time period (range defined as digi hops, distance, or both).
      2. the sending station has not been heard via RF within a predefined time period (packets gated from the Internet by other stations are excluded from this test).
      3. the sending station does not have TCPXX, NOGATE, or RFONLY in the header.
      4. the receiving station has not been heard via the Internet within a predefined time period.
        A station is said to be heard via the Internet if packets from the station contain TCPIP* or TCPXX* in the header or if gated (3rd-party) packets are seen on RF gated by the station and containing TCPIP or TCPXX in the 3rd-party header (in other words, the station is seen on RF as being an IGate).

      By making this visible through the development, it'll be easier to ensure that things are working properly.

      On 8/30/2012 12:37 AM, jay911_50 wrote:
      I have Scroller>Show Digi/Gate enabled.
      With this new release installed, I am seeing a lot of the digis/gates with *3, *2, *I after them (it appears to be an I not a 1). I never noticed any counts on the left column, the digi/gate column, before. I don't see anything in the documentation that indicates what this is, except perhaps if it's related to the UIFLOOD modification.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)