Re: BlueTooth Connection

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 4, 2010
      No I would have to get a dongle
      Rick

      > Does your laptop have built in Bluetooth?
      >
      > James
      > VE6SRV
      >
      > On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Rick <kd4dra@...> wrote:
      > > Is it possible to connect TT4 by way of bluetooth to my laptop that i run aprsis 32 on I want to cut down on wires.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Rick/ KD4DRA

    • Bradley Haney
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4, 2010
        You can then buy a bluetooth serial adapter. Works great for me. 60 bucks

        Sent from my BlackBerry®

        From: "Rick" <kd4dra@...>
        Sender: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 03:53:14 -0000
        To: <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [aprsisce] Re: BlueTooth Connection

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 4, 2010
          Well, unfortunately then you're going to have to have something
          hanging off your laptop.

          You'll need a dongle that does Bluetooth, one for each end. There are
          people that have done this, in fact I think Lynn has his set up this
          way.

          There are wires involved though.

          On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Rick <kd4dra@...> wrote:
          > No I would have to get a dongle
          > Rick
          >

          > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, James Ewen <ve6srv@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Does your laptop have built in Bluetooth?
          >>
          >> James
          >> VE6SRV
          >>
          >> On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Rick <kd4dra@...> wrote:
          >> > Is it possible to connect TT4 by way of bluetooth to my laptop that i run aprsis 32 on I want to cut down on wires.
          >> >
          >> > Thanks
          >> > Rick/ KD4DRA

        • Rick
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 4, 2010
            OK thanks very much for the help from James and Bradley
            73...Rick