WX without customized comment

  • sq5nwi
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2012
      Lynn,

      my friend started to prepare to complete swap of his DIGI/IGate/WX station from UI-View to APRSIS32 and mostly he achieved working configuration, but one thing is not solved due to internal limitation in APRSIS32.

      He wanted to keep WX station beacons with his own comment which should be added to each weather packet like UI-View does, but this is not possible - Comment field in WX object configuration is not active.

      Is it possible to set such Comment or can it be modified in some of next releases?

      Here you have an example of APRSIS32 and UI-View packets where you can clearly see what is missing in APRSIS32 packet, well at least missing for my friend.

      2012-08-27 09:05:09 UTC: SR5NLK>APWW10,WIDE2-2,qAR,SQ5OCH:/271104z5222.73N/02055.28E_293/002g006t061r000p010P000b10089h92/fWD
      2012-08-27 09:08:24 UTC: SR5NLK>APU25N,WIDE2-2,qAR,SR5GK-2:@270908z5222.73N/02055.27E_270/006g012t062r000p008P000b10090h92/fWD/- Weather - Jablonna - WS2300
      --
      Regards,

      Krzysztof
      SQ5NWI
    • Krzysztof SQ5NWI
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2012
        Just to remind the topic as I saw no comments.
        --
        Regards,

        Krzysztof
        SQ5NWI

        friend.

        2012-08-27 09:05:09 UTC:
        SR5NLK>APWW10,WIDE2-2,qAR,SQ5OCH:/271104z5222.73N/02055.28E_293/002g006t061r
        000p010P000b10089h92/fWD
        2012-08-27 09:08:24 UTC:
        SR5NLK>APU25N,WIDE2-2,qAR,SR5GK-2:@270908z5222.73N/02055.27E_270/006g012t062
        r000p008P000b10090h92/fWD/- Weather - Jablonna - WS2300
        --
        Regards,

        Krzysztof
        SQ5NWI