Re: {Some tags disabled} Re: [aprsisce] Re: Digipeater configuration using KPC3+

  • Rob Giuliano
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2012
      As long as the unit can go through power cycles and resets and return to the same state (in this case KISS MODE), it shouldn't matter.

      Personally, I also prefer to have APRSIS32 send the commands and place the TNC in KISS mode, but . . .
      1.  I don't see the benefit "for troublsshooting"
           If it is in KISS MODE, that is one less thing.
      2.  You assume "other applications"
          a) don't want it in KISS MODE
          b) are going to be used by the installer
      For Example (using yours), if this unit replaces a TNC-X that was always in KISS mode and did everything the user needed, why wouldn't you replace it with a similar setup - oh, by the way, this would be easier to troubleshoot because it is what the user is comfortable with.

      The best option is the one made BY THE USER, intelligently, and through a FULLY INFOMRED process.

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO