Re: [aprsisce] Area of Influence (or just how far do those packets go?

  • Bob Bruninga
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 14, 2012
      >> So, by listening for all DIGIs heard DIRECT,
      >> you get the 1 hop area. By capturing all digis
      >> you hear via 1 hop you have the 2 hop area,
      >> and all digis heard via 2 hops, you get the
      >> 3 hop area, etc. But it has to be based on the
      >> digipeater's beacons themselves, not other
      >> packets through it.
      >
      > How's that work?
      >
      > HRYHIL>APOT21,CHPMAN,WINFLD,WIDE2*,qAR,VA6KRM-10

      ARGH, my bad. I was wrongly thinking that WIDEn-N was using the UIFLOOD mechanism, so all packets would arrive with no path info older than the last hop. Musta-been a brain glitch*. But with the New-N paradigm, we now use UITRACE, and so paths do arrive intact. You are right.

      *Im sitting here in 5 days of boring powerpoint presentatinos, sitting in the back and trying to do email too. Guess I was not paying attention..

      bob, wb4apr