Re: [aprsisce] Re: "Driving" a GPX file

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 14, 2012
      On 8/14/2012 12:01 AM, vk2bos wrote:
      p.s. Lynn, although I am not sure why the behaviour differs between GPX files generated within APRSIS32 and those generated externally the above solves my problem.  It is probably not worth spending time analysing the files I emailed you direct.  Thanks for your help anyway.

      I loaded your two GPX files and there is no difference between them as relates to drivability, BUT...

      In order to drive a track from a GPX file, you have to enable either labels, symbols, or both.  Otherwise, there's no click-target for APRSISCE/32 to offer the "Drive Overlay".

      Also, it is only the starting anchor point that is drivable.  If the GPX file you loaded as an overlay has names on the <trkpt> elements (your second test named the points with a timestamp), those are just labels for the points and are not drivable.  Only the starting anchor point created by APRSISCE/32 for the track will get the "Drive Overlay" menu option.

      APRSISCE/32-created GPX files make this easy as the starting point is the only one labeled, but you still need to check the Label or Symbol option under Tracks to have a place to click.  These labels and/or symbols default to off because the expected primary use of GPX overlays is just that, an overlay, which adds lines for the tracks, and IDs for the points (which do default to on).