Re: [aprsfi] Stale Packets?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24 1:49 PM
      Hessu's response and article are correct, it is non-trivial to detect
      duplicate packets in the APRS-IS unless some local station(s) are
      transmitting the hhmmss format of timestamp (the ddhhmm helps a
      little). I've been doing some work in my APRSISCE/32 client to detect
      and highlight packets that appear to be duplicates. And I also have an
      "Invalids" diagnostic trace window that can actually help isolate the
      IGates involved.

      The client is free for downloading from the APRSISCE Yahoo group at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/APRSISCE/ Post any questions you have
      there, or check out the fledgling Wiki at http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/,
      particularly http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/scrolling-stations for details
      on the displayed track and scrolling station colors (you're looking for
      purple)..

      Lynn (D) - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

      PS. I'm currently out of the country so response to detailed questions
      in the Yahoo group might take a longer than normal time to get a response.