Diatribe (was: DX reformatting...)

    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 3, 2012
      On 8/3/2012 3:32 PM, James Ewen wrote:
      On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      See also one of the lower paragraphs in my diatribe response to James.

      I wouldn't consider that a diatribe response... just sharing ideas and
      implementation reasonings. We're not bitter nor forceful!

      http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/diatribe

      I didn't realize "diatribe" was quite that negative!  I'll go with the origin from:

      Origin:
      1575–85;  < Latin diatriba  < Greek diatribḗ  pastime, study, discourse, derivative of diatríbein  to rub away ( dia- dia-  + tríbein  to rub)