RE: [aprsisce] Lynn has landed!

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 24, 2010
      He is in my buddy list but my local area is only 100 miles.

      I see all the APRSISxx stations on the map plus a few others that are amusing. Yesterday I watched a balloon launch (actually 2) and chase even though they are out of my area.

      From: "Fred Hillhouse" <fmhillhouse@ comcast.net>
      Sender: aprsisce@yahoogroup s.com
      Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:19:58 -0400
      To: <aprsisce@yahoogroup s.com>
      ReplyTo: aprsisce@yahoogroup s.com

      Strange! He is on my buddy list and not showing up.

      From: "Fred Hillhouse" <fmhillhouse@ comcast.net>
      Sender: aprsisce@yahoogroup s.com
      Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:33:44 -0400
      To: <aprsisce@yahoogroup s.com>
      ReplyTo: aprsisce@yahoogroup s.com

      What was his call sign? I am looking for KJ4...

      Thanks!
      Fred

    Message 2 of 13 , Jun 24, 2010
      I think it was just that Lynn's ears were burning so he turned his phone back on.

      Message 3 of 13 , Jun 24, 2010
        The launch/chase was from watching call signs.

        From: "Fred Hillhouse" <fmhillhouse@ comcast.net>
        Sender: aprsisce@yahoogroup s.com
        Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:19:58 -0400
        To: <aprsisce@yahoogroup s.com>

        Message 4 of 13 , Jun 24, 2010
          No, my ears weren't burning, but I need to get a Spanish-provider SIM
          card for my phone and make sure that Internet access wasn't going to
          cost me an arm and a leg (maxMovil.es works). I also didn't bring my
          normal 7.2v LiON external battery boosters to simplify my packing, so my
          tracking time is limited to just my internal (albeit extended life) battery.

          So, you'll find my phone tracking as KJ4ERJ-12 as long as it has
          reasonable power left for the rest of the day. If all goes well, I'll
          also be RF tracking as KJ4ERJ-9 from a Nuvi350/T2-135/DR-135 mag-mount
          that will be installed on a rental car that we pick up in the morning.
          I'll probably only mount the stuff when we're going on a road trip, and
          tomorrow might qualify as we travel from Madrid to Toledo.

          Thanks for the contacts from those of you that caught me. Fred, APRSISCE
          answered your queries, but I turned the phone off before catching your
          actual message. Sorry I missed you!

          Lynn (D) - EA4/KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32