Re: [aprsisce] DX reformatting (Dev: 2012/08/02 08:57)

    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 2, 2012
      Oh yeah, the DXcluster trace log that forces itself visible every time it updates will quit doing that in the next Dev release.  Sorry 'bout that in the meantime, but at least you can tell when it sends a packet out!

      On 8/2/2012 9:06 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
      Reformat the DX report to provide HHMMz visible in the list (timestamps are important), add NNNNmi/km for visibility on D700 (and hopefully D710) details, use Port Name as "frequency" element and position for readability (http://www.aprs.org/TWP.html is wrong about FIELD-ONE's position on screen).

      Here's some (hopefully final) screen shots from my D700:

      Note that I renamed my RF Port as 144390.0 (edit the XML and change the <RFPort Name="xxxxx"> element).  The 79mi won't show up on D7/D72s according to Bob's Tiny Web Pages document, but then, he had the frequency element down one line on the D700 also.

      If anyone gets this going and can get screen caps from a D7, D72, and/or a D710, it would be good Wiki fodder.

      Message 34 of 34 , Aug 3, 2012
        On 8/3/2012 3:32 PM, James Ewen wrote:
        On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

        See also one of the lower paragraphs in my diatribe response to James.

        I wouldn't consider that a diatribe response... just sharing ideas and
        implementation reasonings. We're not bitter nor forceful!

        http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/diatribe

        I didn't realize "diatribe" was quite that negative!  I'll go with the origin from:

        Origin:
        1575–85;  < Latin diatriba  < Greek diatribḗ  pastime, study, discourse, derivative of diatríbein  to rub away ( dia- dia-  + tríbein  to rub)