Re: [aprsisce] (Dev: 2012/08/01 08:09)

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
        On 8/1/2012 8:43 AM, Rob Giuliano wrote:
        > PPS. But there's hope. There's a new KJ4ERJ-4 filling up the local
        > airwaves that's going to drive me to finally implement the simple
        > terminal emulator mode so I can more easily play with various settings.

        One item that could be helpful in a terminal emulator is a ESC sequence button
            0xC0 0xFF 0xC0       (or whatever is needed for your TNC)
        Entering this as HEX would be the easiest.

        I plan to support several "escape" sequences like this, including:

        0xC0 0xFF 0xC0 - KISS Escape/TT4 KISS SOFTRST
        0x1B 0x1B 0x1B 0x0D - TT4 TEXT SOFTRST (Esc Esc Esc Enter)
        ^C^C^C - Exit Converse, sometimes exit KISS

        Are there any others that you all know about that would be handy to have direct menu access to?

        I have found that with limited keyboards (my netbook), it is difficult to hold "Fn-Alt" combination while doing the 192 255 192 sequence.
        Using the numlock doesn't seem to work on this netbook.

        I would imagine this would also help with tablets.

        Robert Giuliano
        KB8RCO

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
          maybe just having a button in there that sends it for you ?

          charlie
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
            Maybe you should not have cut out what you are referring to. It is often better to leave the thread or at least leave to portion of interest.

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
              Totally lost context on that one (hence my aversion to extensive message trimming as I don't necessarily read messages in order and expect them each to include enough information to stand alone and require little or no prior knowledge).

              A button in where that sends what to where?

              On 8/1/2012 11:34 AM, Charles Blackburn wrote:
              maybe just having a button in there that sends it for you ?

              charlie

            • Charles Blackburn
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
                yea my bad, I have LDS, (Lynn Deffenbaugh syndrome) it’s called doing 3
                things at once lol.... I normally cut out the yahoo crap that gets added to
                the bottom of the emails.

                I was talking about the escape sequence, maybe a menu or a button that sends
                the sequence for you.

                charlie

                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
                  I'm planning a menu option that sends a pre-configured (and named)
                  sequence. The ones I listed will be provided by default, and an XML
                  edit will be able to add more for the local user. But if there's any
                  additional sequences that we already know about, I'd just as soon add
                  them to the initial implementation.

                  PS. Don't know if you noticed the KJ4ERJ-4 packets that bounce around
                  your RF and IGate every now and then. I'm testing a new device over here.

                  On 8/1/2012 12:06 PM, Charles Blackburn wrote:
                  > yea my bad, I have LDS, (Lynn Deffenbaugh syndrome) it’s called doing 3
                  > things at once lol.... I normally cut out the yahoo crap that gets added to
                  > the bottom of the emails.
                  >
                  > I was talking about the escape sequence, maybe a menu or a button that sends
                  > the sequence for you.
                  >
                  > charlie

                • Lee D Bengston
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
                    On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

                    PS. Don't know if you noticed the KJ4ERJ-4 packets that bounce around

                    your RF and IGate every now and then. I'm testing a new device over here.

                    Is that a TOCALL of 'RWUY8T' I am seeing?

                    Lee - K5DAT

                  • Lee D Bengston
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
                      On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Lee D Bengston <kilo5dat@...> wrote:

                      On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

                      PS. Don't know if you noticed the KJ4ERJ-4 packets that bounce around

                      your RF and IGate every now and then. I'm testing a new device over here.

                      Is that a TOCALL of 'RWUY8T' I am seeing?

                      Lee - K5DAT

                      Ok, Dev: 2012/08/01 08:09 says it's a Tiny Trak 4.  :-)

                      Lee - K5DAT

                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
                        On 8/1/2012 5:51 PM, Lee D Bengston wrote:

                        On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

                        PS. Don't know if you noticed the KJ4ERJ-4 packets that bounce around

                        your RF and IGate every now and then. I'm testing a new device over here.

                        Is that a TOCALL of 'RWUY8T' I am seeing?

                        Mic-E.  Going for short packets at the moment.  Just shrunk down my KJ4ERJ-9 T3-135 as well.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
                          On 8/1/2012 6:04 PM, Lee D Bengston wrote:

                          Ok, Dev: 2012/08/01 08:09 says it's a Tiny Trak 4.  :-)

                          And the packet itself clarifies that to an MT-TT4.  Still in development and under test.  News and results once we've worked out a few kinks.

                          PS.  It's got promise, IMHO, for a certain classification of uses.

                          Lee - K5DAT

                        • Randy Love