(Dev: 2012/08/01 08:09)

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
      If opening a Chat window with a Yaesu radio and your configured
      callsign-SSID is non-AX.25-compatible, ask for confirmation. Yaesu
      radios won't ack or transmit to a non-AX.25 callsign-SSID, regardless of
      the APRS protocol's (non-explicit) support of said communications.
      (W4WCQ-9 WB4APR-6 - both FTM-350s)

      Correct parser so that g... is still parsed as weather. It was
      (stupidly) requiring digits. (Adrian YO8RXT)

      PS. Little updates between Olympic drama and $$$ work.

      PPS. But there's hope. There's a new KJ4ERJ-4 filling up the local
      airwaves that's going to drive me to finally implement the simple
      terminal emulator mode so I can more easily play with various settings.
    • Rob Giuliano
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012

        > PPS. But there's hope. There's a new KJ4ERJ-4 filling up the local
        > airwaves that's going to drive me to finally implement the simple
        > terminal emulator mode so I can more easily play with various settings.

        One item that could be helpful in a terminal emulator is a ESC sequence button
            0xC0 0xFF 0xC0       (or whatever is needed for your TNC)
        Entering this as HEX would be the easiest.

        I have found that with limited keyboards (my netbook), it is difficult to hold "Fn-Alt" combination while doing the 192 255 192 sequence.
        Using the numlock doesn't seem to work on this netbook.

        I would imagine this would also help with tablets.

        Robert Giuliano
        KB8RCO

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
            On 8/1/2012 8:43 AM, Rob Giuliano wrote:
            > PPS. But there's hope. There's a new KJ4ERJ-4 filling up the local
            > airwaves that's going to drive me to finally implement the simple
            > terminal emulator mode so I can more easily play with various settings.

            One item that could be helpful in a terminal emulator is a ESC sequence button
                0xC0 0xFF 0xC0       (or whatever is needed for your TNC)
            Entering this as HEX would be the easiest.

            I plan to support several "escape" sequences like this, including:

            0xC0 0xFF 0xC0 - KISS Escape/TT4 KISS SOFTRST
            0x1B 0x1B 0x1B 0x0D - TT4 TEXT SOFTRST (Esc Esc Esc Enter)
            ^C^C^C - Exit Converse, sometimes exit KISS

            Are there any others that you all know about that would be handy to have direct menu access to?

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
              maybe just having a button in there that sends it for you ?

              charlie
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
                Maybe you should not have cut out what you are referring to. It is often better to leave the thread or at least leave to portion of interest.

                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
                  Totally lost context on that one (hence my aversion to extensive message trimming as I don't necessarily read messages in order and expect them each to include enough information to stand alone and require little or no prior knowledge).

                  A button in where that sends what to where?

                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
                    yea my bad, I have LDS, (Lynn Deffenbaugh syndrome) it’s called doing 3
                    things at once lol.... I normally cut out the yahoo crap that gets added to
                    the bottom of the emails.

                    I was talking about the escape sequence, maybe a menu or a button that sends
                    the sequence for you.

                    charlie

                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
                      I'm planning a menu option that sends a pre-configured (and named)
                      sequence. The ones I listed will be provided by default, and an XML
                      edit will be able to add more for the local user. But if there's any
                      additional sequences that we already know about, I'd just as soon add
                      them to the initial implementation.

                      PS. Don't know if you noticed the KJ4ERJ-4 packets that bounce around
                      your RF and IGate every now and then. I'm testing a new device over here.

                      On 8/1/2012 12:06 PM, Charles Blackburn wrote:
                      > yea my bad, I have LDS, (Lynn Deffenbaugh syndrome) it’s called doing 3
                      > things at once lol.... I normally cut out the yahoo crap that gets added to
                      > the bottom of the emails.
                      >
                      > I was talking about the escape sequence, maybe a menu or a button that sends
                      > the sequence for you.
                      >
                      > charlie

                    • Lee D Bengston
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
                        On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

                        PS. Don't know if you noticed the KJ4ERJ-4 packets that bounce around

                        your RF and IGate every now and then. I'm testing a new device over here.

                        Is that a TOCALL of 'RWUY8T' I am seeing?

                        Lee - K5DAT

                      • Lee D Bengston
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
                          On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Lee D Bengston <kilo5dat@...> wrote:

                          On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

                          PS. Don't know if you noticed the KJ4ERJ-4 packets that bounce around

                          your RF and IGate every now and then. I'm testing a new device over here.

                          Is that a TOCALL of 'RWUY8T' I am seeing?

                          Lee - K5DAT

                          Ok, Dev: 2012/08/01 08:09 says it's a Tiny Trak 4.  :-)

                          Lee - K5DAT

                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
                            On 8/1/2012 5:51 PM, Lee D Bengston wrote:

                            On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

                            PS. Don't know if you noticed the KJ4ERJ-4 packets that bounce around

                            your RF and IGate every now and then. I'm testing a new device over here.

                            Is that a TOCALL of 'RWUY8T' I am seeing?

                            Mic-E.  Going for short packets at the moment.  Just shrunk down my KJ4ERJ-9 T3-135 as well.

                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 1, 2012
                              On 8/1/2012 6:04 PM, Lee D Bengston wrote:

                              Ok, Dev: 2012/08/01 08:09 says it's a Tiny Trak 4.  :-)

                              And the packet itself clarifies that to an MT-TT4.  Still in development and under test.  News and results once we've worked out a few kinks.

                              PS.  It's got promise, IMHO, for a certain classification of uses.

                              Lee - K5DAT

                            • Randy Love