WX decoding

  • yo8rxt
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2012
      Lynn,

      In last 2 dev releases wx object/station is not decoded if it contain space or dots in unused values (APRS101.PDF):
      .../...g...t098h36b10139

      If is zeroed it decoded.
      000/000g000t098h36b10139

      Same for javAPRSSrvr4 WXNow generator which generate an error (even if it's zeroed).

      Regards,

      Adrian
      YO8RXT

      PS. Look for YO8RXT-3 when gusts is rarely used.
      ;YO8RXT-3 *010930z4710.30N/02737.71E_320/012g...t082h48b10150METAR * 28 C 48% 19km/h NW ITU:75 @ Iasi Airport
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2012
        It was the g... that was failing my parser. I have corrected the
        situation and it will be fixed in the next development release.

        Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

        PS. You might want to report this to Pete also because my reading of
        the aprs101.pdf spec says that the .../...g...t<other stuff> should be
        compliant.