Re: [aprsisce] How to send a bulletin?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 2012
      On 7/31/2012 6:16 AM, Bob Burns W9RXR wrote:
      > At 10:38 PM 7/30/2012, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
      >
      >> ...so just send the message to BLNn where n is a Bulletin ID (could
      >> be your individual station) or BLNx where x is an Announcement
      >> Identifier and not only will every Kenwood participant receive it,
      >> but it will also show up in APRSISCE/32's Messages / Bulletins / View display.
      > So, you are saying to send these "bulletins" as messages (in other
      > words, don't use Messages | Bulletins | Create...) with the
      > destination callsign set as BLNn or BLNx rather than a specific callsign?

      I was addressing the remote Kenwood operators in the discussion of
      sending the Bulletin as a message to BLNn or BLNx as that's how Kenwoods
      do bulletins. With APRSISCE/32, you could do it either way. You could
      open a chat to BLNn or BLNx and send one shots or you could use Messages
      / Bulletins / Create and APRSISCE/32 will periodically retransmit the
      current text(s) if you want it to.

      Now that I've said that, I need to go make sure that Chats to BLNn/x
      actually DO show up in the local Bulletins display! They won't get
      saved across a restart, but since you're using them more as a
      notification mechanism and not a persistent bulletin board, that's
      probably not an issue.