Re: [aprsisce] Issues with soundmodem- APRSISCE doesn't get packets

  • Rob Giuliano
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 13, 2012
    Going direct because of the attachment, but still copying the group - in case ZIP file is pulled off.
    Haven't seen a reply yet, so I am hopeful you got something from the log files.

    The attached file is a monitor for a TCP/IP port which directly relates to the data flow without interrupting it.

    I broke this down into 2 areas:
    1.  Decoding Packes:  You say that is working becasue you see them in the monitor window.
    2.  getting the packets from UZ7HO to APRSIS32 (through TCPIP)

    Technically, the data showing in the UZ7HO window shows it has been decoded and should be sent out the TCPIP port.
    Next we have to see if it "IS" sent out over TCPIP and can be received.
       AGWMONITOR.EXE is a "snooper", so it doesn't impact the transmission of data, just displays what it sees.

    AS LONG AS, everything is using the same port (typically 8000, and that is what you said you are using), then it makes sense thatif the "monitor" sees the data, APRSIS32 should see it as well (and it should show in the log, as well as the stream on the left).

    Unzip this into a working director and run "AGWMONITOR.EXE" without running APRSIS32.
       Got to >File > Properties
            Set these EXACTLY as you have them set in APRSIS32.
                      127.0.0.1         port 8000

    Anything that shows in UZ7HO should also show in AGWMonitor.  If not, try another port on BOTH, and address i necessary
        I tend to use
                  computer or URL:    localhost
                                      port:     8192
    just to be different from other devices.

    If that works, start APRSIS32 again and "ALL THREE" should see the same data.

    Hoping to hear positive feedback on results!

    Robert Giuliano
    KB8RCO