Passcode

  • Adam Mahnke
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 8, 2012
      Can someone give me a hand getting an APRSIS passcode for KC2RWF?

      Adam
      KC2ANT
    • Adam Mahnke
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 8, 2012
        Thanks Steve

        Adam
        KC2ANT

        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
          Hi Adam I found it is best to get your passcode from the website for UI-VIEW. I say this because many of my friends have asked for a passcode on aprsis and neer get one.
          the same passcode for UI VIEW will work for APRSIS32. sad to say the person in charge for APRSIS is not sending the passcode. if you had UI VIEW passcode and request a passcode from APRSIS it will send you a passcode right away from the APRSIS

          To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
          From: kc2ant@...
          Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 19:27:03 -0400

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012

            We supply passcodes to anyone who provides a callsign and a wish to use APRSISCE/32. If there is any doubt we will contact you to clarify, this is to avoid giving passcodes to non amateurs

            I am very surprised to hear that many of your friends have not had a response, there are 3 of us looking after passwords, and quite often all three of us respond.

            Did they email the correct address?  aprsisce-owner@yahoogroups.com.

            If you fail to get a response from that address I suggest contacting Lynn, Fred or myself directly. Please use the above email first as that will reach all 3 of us, for hopefully a more prompt response.

            Adam had a response within 5 mins, which unfortunately went to the list as I did not realise his request was posted there.

            To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
              That's what happens when I do stuff from my phone while out and about.

              Adam

              To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
              From: kc2ant@...
              Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 19:27:03 -0400

              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012

                I should have noticed, sorry, I have deleted the message from yahoo, so only those that get the group via email will now see it

                To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                  Thanks, :)

                  in theory no one should be using anothers callsign anyway so it should be ok.

                  Thanks again.

                  Adam

                  To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                  From: steve@...
                  Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 15:42:32 +0100

                  To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                  From: kc2ant@...
                  Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 19:27:03 -0400

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
                    Per http://www.aprs-is.net/Connecting.aspx (emphasis their's):

                    It is the responsibility of each software author to provide the proper passcode to their individual users on a request basis.

                    If you have an APRSISCE/32 user that followed the instructions at http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:password and did not receive a response, please let me know.  The moderators of this group receive those requests which are processed as soon as we notice them.  In fact, many requests are satisified by several responses within a short span of time.

                    Please do NOT bother other software authors for passwords for APRSISCE/32!  And please also do no suggest that others do it either.  It is our responsibility for our own client and there should be no need to go elsewhere with the setup that we have.

                    If there are specific instances of issues (callsign and date requested) with the APRSISCE/32 password-granting system, I want to fix them, not have them avoided.

                    To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
                    From: kc2ant@...
                    Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 19:27:03 -0400

                    Can someone give me a hand getting an APRSIS passcode for KC2RWF?

                    Adam
                    KC2ANT

                  • goldwingingit2001
                    Message 9 of 20 , May 31, 2014

                      I have been trying to get a passcode for my APRSISCE/32. I have followed the links and sent emails and nothing. I'm I missing something?

                      Larry

                      KF5MLP

                    • Glen
                      Message 10 of 20 , May 31, 2014

                        KF5MLP = 16825

                        Glen, KF7QLH

                        On 05/31/2014 02:07 PM, pilot-1@... [aprsisce] wrote:

                        I have been trying to get a passcode for my APRSISCE/32. I have followed the links and sent emails and nothing. I'm I missing something?

                        Larry

                        KF5MLP

                      • Jerry
                        Message 11 of 20 , May 31, 2014

                          If you have used any other APRS program in the past, you can use that passcode as it is the same.  I know that is not how you should get it but it works in a pinch.  In UI-View it is called “Validation number”.

                          Jerry N7YGE

                          Message 12 of 20 , May 31, 2014

                            I believe Larry has the code now. For some reason his requests were not getting through to those of us that give out passcodes

                            Steve

                            G6UIM

                            Message 13 of 20 , May 31, 2014

                              Thanks to all that replied. Got it and I think all is working.

                              Larry

                              KF5MLP

                              Message 14 of 20 , May 31, 2014
                                Please do NOT post passcodes to the group!  And any form of reply I have tried will go to the group thanks to Yahoo's recent changes.

                                Also, it is actually the APRS software authors' responsibility to issue passcodes for his/her software.  Per http://www.aprs-is.net/Connecting.aspx (emphasis theirs):

                                passcode=computed passcode for your callsign. -1 is used for receive-only. It is the responsibility of each software author to provide the proper passcode to their individual users on a request basis. This is to aid in keeping APRS-IS restricted to amateur radio use only.

                                KF5MLP = <snip>

                                Message 15 of 20 , May 31, 2014
                                  Then why the hell can you just search for aprspass and find websites that give it out?

                                  Seems counter productive to me.

                                  I am sure there are thousands of people out there who have no interest in ham radio just trying to get their hands on APRS software.  I think I will just remove myself from this group now.

                                  -Glen

                                  Message 16 of 20 , May 31, 2014

                                    Yes and we are trying to get people to stop that.

                                    And yes there are people who would like to use it, for example Taxi, Truck, Delivery firms. Who would all really love a free tracking service.

                                    It’s a piracy issue and we are attempting to cut that down as much as possible.

                                    Oh and plenty of CB’ers are after passcodes

                                    If any of you are running an anyone can look up a passcode website, really please don’t

                                    Steve

                                    G6UIM

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jul 18, 2014
                                        I need a passcode for K3RWN

                                        Thank you
                                      • Keith VE7GDH
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jul 18, 2014
                                          Hi Rich

                                          > I need a passcode for K3RWN

                                          The APRS validation number for K3RWN is 9350.

                                          --
                                          73 Keith VE7GDH
                                          UI-View32
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jul 18, 2014
                                            I wrote...

                                            > The APRS validation number for K3RWN is...

                                            Sorry. That was meant to go direct to Rich.

                                            --
                                            73 Keith VE7GDH
                                            UI-View32