Re: [aprsisce] Webdt-366

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2012
      Thanks very much ...I found an old sandisk compact flash (reader writer) and a 32 mb card and copied
      it to that and got it working I loaded the program itself onto the internal flash drive2 and put the maps on the
      compact flash card, so far it is working like a charm and hopefully the mailman will bring my Bluetooth gps
      tomorrow and I'll try it on the road.
      This is a sweet setup for around a 120.00 you can have a nice setup for mobile or just to setup in the corner
      on your desk.
      Sorry got to going with the keyboard and couldn't stop....

      Rick
       P.S. I can tell you where I got mine,... if you like, I believe he has several.

      On 07/04/12 3:59, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:
      Rick,

      the easiest way I know is to use USB pen-drive to copy Lynn's application to
      WebDT.
      Then start it, configure and use ;-).

      Of course, you have to use special APRSISCE release for WebDT:
      http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/local--files/downloads/APRSISCE5x86.zip

      --

    • Krzysztof SQ5NWI
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2012
        Good to know that you were successful. :-)

        I use similar configuration - application on internal flash drive D and maps
        on CF card.
        It works fine with Bluetooth GPS as well as with Kenwood D710 when mobile.
        For Internet access I use WiFi card (unfortunately works only in 64bit WEP
        or unencrypted mode, but for mobile it's OK) connecting to home AP or to
        Android phone AP.
        Previously used also Bluetooth for Internet Access when used WinMo phone
        without WiFi hot-spot feature.

        I agree, this is really effective and low cost solution.
        --
        Regards,

        Krzysztof
        SQ5NWI