Bluetooth enable TNC

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2012

      I use a couple of TNC-X KISS only TNC.

      Now they have a Bluetooth module for the TNC that I thought a few of you might be interested in

      Coastal ChipWorks is pleased to announce that TNC-X has gone Bluetooth. X-BT is a BlueTooth daughter board that plugs into the expansion header that comes standard on every TNC-X. It allows you to connect your BlueTooth enabled phone or PC to TNC-X totally wirelessly. Now you can monitor APRS activity as you walk around your house carrying only your smartphone.

      X-BT supports Georg Lukas' (D01GL) APRSDroid software for the Android platform. This is an excellent program that has both terminal and mapping modes. Screenshots from APRSDroid can be seen on aprsdroid.org.

      X-BT comes wired and tested and costs only $25. It is compatible with all versions of TNC-X. Full details are available at www.tnc-x.com

      John Hansen W2FS
      Coastal ChipWorks

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator