Webdt-366

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2012
      I just got my Webdt-366 and I am seeking info...

      What is the easiest way to put the software onto the webdt, take into account that I am a dummy to windows ce.

      rick
    • Krzysztof SQ5NWI
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2012
        Rick,

        the easiest way I know is to use USB pen-drive to copy Lynn's application to
        WebDT.
        Then start it, configure and use ;-).

        Of course, you have to use special APRSISCE release for WebDT:
        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/local--files/downloads/APRSISCE5x86.zip
        --
        Regards,

        Krzysztof
        SQ5NWI

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2012
          Thanks very much ...I found an old sandisk compact flash (reader writer) and a 32 mb card and copied
          it to that and got it working I loaded the program itself onto the internal flash drive2 and put the maps on the
          compact flash card, so far it is working like a charm and hopefully the mailman will bring my Bluetooth gps
          tomorrow and I'll try it on the road.
          This is a sweet setup for around a 120.00 you can have a nice setup for mobile or just to setup in the corner
          on your desk.
          Sorry got to going with the keyboard and couldn't stop....

          Rick
           P.S. I can tell you where I got mine,... if you like, I believe he has several.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2012
            Good to know that you were successful. :-)

            I use similar configuration - application on internal flash drive D and maps
            on CF card.
            It works fine with Bluetooth GPS as well as with Kenwood D710 when mobile.
            For Internet access I use WiFi card (unfortunately works only in 64bit WEP
            or unencrypted mode, but for mobile it's OK) connecting to home AP or to
            Android phone AP.
            Previously used also Bluetooth for Internet Access when used WinMo phone
            without WiFi hot-spot feature.

            I agree, this is really effective and low cost solution.
            --
            Regards,

            Krzysztof
            SQ5NWI