Re: [aprsisce] Buckshot! (Dev: 2012/06/29 04:09)

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2012
      Thanks Lynn, that worked a treat!

      Happy 4th July to you and yours!

      73
      Steve, kf6wax

      On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      It is almost that easy, it's just that I use XML and not .INI formatting.  Add the following line above or below the existing <WeatherURL>  (yes, you do not need the Time= attribute):

      <WeatherURL>WX(Gladstone)=http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/cgi-bin/wxsite.pl?site=$Call</WeatherURL>

      On 7/2/2012 1:36 PM, Steve wrote:
      well I messed up! LOL...it is not as straight forward as it is to edit the same area in UiView32 !!
      The line I would like to see added is:-

      Can you edit that so I can cut and paste into the xml file please Lynn!
      Thanks
      Steve, kf6wax

      On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      Edit the XML configuration file and add/change your own <StationURL>, <TelemetryURL>, or <WeatherURL> using the supplied defaults as your template.  You can have as many or as few in each category as you want.  The difference is that <StationURL>s are displayed for every station, <TelemetryURL>s are only in the menu for telemetry-supplying stations, and <WeatherURL>s are only in the menu for weather-supplying stations.

      <StationURL Time="2011-08-27T02:09:06">aprs.fi=http://aprs.fi/?call=$Call</StationURL>
      <TelemetryURL Time="2011-08-27T02:09:06">Telem(aprs.fi)=http://aprs.fi/telemetry/$Call</TelemetryURL>
      <WeatherURL Time="2011-08-27T02:09:06">WX(aprs.fi)=http://aprs.fi/weather/?call=$Call</WeatherURL>

      The timestamp can be ignored (I'm not sure why I didn't suppress it).  The value of the XML element is of the form Name=URL where Name is what is shown on the popup menu.  $Call will be replaced with the station's callsign-SSID.  Remember to XML-encode any special characters or you'll be reverting to the last -Safe XML after your edits.  (<, >, and & come to mind as needing to be encoded as &lt;, &gt;, and &amp;).

      On 7/2/2012 12:43 PM, Steve wrote:
      how easy would it be to add our own internet look ups under the Internet cascading menu or would it break things?

      73
      Steve,  kf6wax

      snipped,

      to get this option.

      Move Lookup Address to an Internet cascading submenu.

      Add configurable, $Call-replaced URLs to Internet submenu for Stations,
      Telemetry, and Weather. (Untested on WinMo)

      Mic-E status-triggered notification messages now appear to have come
      from the transmitting station. You can bring up a chat with them and
      quickly follow-up with a MultiTrack if the particular status didn't
      already open one for you.

      You can now put a Mic-E status-notifying station on an Ignore list.
      Clear them via Clear / Configured / Clear Mic-E Ignores which will also
      show you how many you have of each type.

      Support NOID (!) and UIFLOOD (-) flags on <DigiXForm>s. See
      http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:uiflood (James VE6SRV, Fred N7FMH)

      Don't save a PositPacket if it was rejected for moving too fast or
      something like alternating hemispheres. (AI5Z, N957RV-7, TB2NJL-5)

      If a Mic-E packet has more than 6 characters in the toCall (say a dash),
      treat it as invalid. (K3ARL-11 corrupted packet)
      Corrupted:K3ARL-11>KF5PEP-1,K8UI-1,WIDE2*,qAR,K8YSE-10:`gG%m]2O/'#>n}HAB|!g%s'c|!wcx!|3
      Not sure if K3ARL-11 is a KPC (probably) or a TT3 (doubtful). It's
      transmitting both APT391 and APN391 alternately.

      No longer consider Mic-E with -SSID on toCall as invalid, I don't know
      what it MEANS, but aprs.fi doesn't mind it, so neither to I any more.
      (TG9ADV-9 PU2KUU-5 IW8RND-9 OE5HPM-9 VE3TVX-9...)

      Fail (ignore) packets that explicity specify a lat/lon of 0,0.
      (F1ZBH-3, G7EOG)

      Correct coordinate parsing of 3rd party transmitted Mic-E packets.
      (KB4YFK-5 gating W4RAT-* received by N3KXE-1)

      !Shriek!s are only gleaned if they are alpha-numeric. No more corrupted
      packets slipping in arbitrary !shriek!s, at least not if they have
      non-alpha-numerics in the corruption. (K5WPN-1 which was upcasing !wXX!
      !DAOs! - See http://aprs.fi/?c=message&call=K5WPN-1)

      If a position with timestamp packet (@ or /) has non-numerics or non-h/z
      time type, the packet will be ignored. (K9SVL corrupted packet)

      Fail packets where coordinates are non-numeric so as to avoid picking up
      corrupted !shriek!s. (WA0DDF-9)

      If Mic-E status has bits set in both groupings, fail the packet.
      (SQ5OMO-9 at 2012-06-28 12:24:03 UTC)
      SQ5OMO-9>APK101,WIDE2-1,qAR,SR5GK-2:`0Vhnp&P/]"4u}

      If ambiguous coordinates have digits after the space, fail the packet.