Setting up a digi

  • Brian Cochran
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2012

      I have set up a  Igate in Va but am stuck is there a simple answer to how to make the APRS IS DIGI? I can not find a selection anywhere in the software we want to make this a wide2-2 digi

      Thanks for all help

      Brian Cochran, WC4J

      703-965-6011

      Wc4j@...

      www.wc4j.com

      DX Telnet Cluster dxc.wc4j.net

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2012
        They're called <DigiXform>s and they're documented at:

        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:digipeating

        In another few weeks, they'll be on-line configurable (I hope), but for now it requires an edit of the APRSISCE/32 XML configuration file.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2012
        • 1 Attachment
        • 51 KB

        I do not find a exact match to the online instructions I have attached my xml file

        Any help would be appreciated

        Brian

        WC4J

          Message 5 of 7 , Jul 5, 2012

            Thank you.

            All I run are digi for the local ARES group I am switching all my uiview to APRS IS 32

            I run digi and igates on 2m 6m and 440

            Message 6 of 7 , Jul 5, 2012
              On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Brian Cochran <WC4J@...> wrote:

              > [Attachment(s) from Brian Cochran included below]
              >
              > I do not find a exact match to the online instructions I have attached my
              > xml file
              >
              > Any help would be appreciated

              I clicked on the link to your attachment, and it opened up in my
              browser... hitting CTRL-F (in Chrome) allows me to search. I typed in
              DigiXform, and immediately got 2 hits...

              Here's the one you're looking for.

              <!-- DigiXform -->

              It's right where it's supposed to be. No one stole it out of your XML
              file. Have another look, it really is there. It's immediately before
              the </RFPort> tag.

              Do you really need to be a digipeater? You've got 3 of them within 12
              miles of your location already. If you put too many digipeaters
              overlapping the same area, you end up clogging the network. One packet
              being digipeated numerous times either causes a huge heterodyne, or if
              the digis have hold off, simply fills a lot of airtime that other
              stations could be using.

              Message 7 of 7 , Jul 5, 2012
                On 7/5/2012 8:30 PM, James Ewen wrote:
                > On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Brian Cochran<WC4J@...> wrote:
                >

                > <!-- DigiXform -->
                >
                > It's right where it's supposed to be. No one stole it out of your XML
                > file. Have another look, it really is there.

                It's even there twice.

                > It's immediately before
                > the</RFPort> tag.

                But that's NOT the one that currently works. You want the SECOND one
                that's AFTER the </RFPort> tab.