Re: {Some tags disabled} Re: [aprsisce] Raspberry Pi

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2012
      Kurt KC9LDH wrote...

      > UI-View is getting long in tooth...

      I'm not sure what you mean by that. It's been around a while
      and while Roger's passing was sad, the program and it's many
      add-ons work as well as the day he left us.

      > ...has a klutzy non-intuitive interface in my opinion and is clumsy to
      > navigate in the aftermarket maps. Yet some folks like some of it's
      > features and is still widely used.

      That one has me really baffled. In order to help Lynn, what should he
      do to avoid a klutzy non-intuitive interface? As a long-time UI-View
      user, I find it a very intuitive program with well thought out menus
      and of course having context sensitive help for virtually everything
      in it really helps. Mind you, for operating systems post-XP, a small
      download is needed from Microsoft is needed to access the help file.

      I presume that you are referring to Precision Mapping / PMapServer
      when you mention "aftermarket maps". I actually like having street
      level mapping for all of North America right on my hard drive, and
      find it easy to navigate on the map... scroll up / down / left / right,
      or zoom in and out, or centre the map on a location, or on a particular
      station, and of course be able to use overlays and underlays, and it is
      child's play to save "favourite" map views to quickly show areas
      of interest.

      So back to the question... to help Lynn improve APRSISCE/32, what
      should he do to make the program more intuitive and to make it easier
      to navigate maps?

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH