Re: [aprsisce] Feature Request: Object Icon Selection

  • Bob Burns W9RXR
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2012
      At 12:38 PM 6/26/2012, kc0alc wrote:

      >Would it be possible to implement a window that while
      >creating/editing an object it has all the icons displayed (or maybe
      >primary and secondary icons split on different screens) in which you
      >just click on what icon you want to choose the icon for the object,
      >rather than scrolling through the entire list one by one.

      I vote in favor of this feature.

      >The screen I'm envisioning would be similar to this:
      >http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/mysymb.GIF where you can browse through the
      >icons quickly...

      I keep the PDF version of Stephen's APRS symbol file on my laptop
      computer. Since the PDF file is searchable, I can usually find what
      I'm looking for by name. As it is now, I find the symbol I want in
      the PDF file, then go back to Lynn's program to scroll through the
      list until I get to the correct symbol code...assuming, of course,
      that I've remembered whether the symbol table is "/" or "\". <sigh>

      Bob...