Re: [aprsisce] Re: MIC-E notification

  • Rob Giuliano
    Message 1 of 38 , Jun 25, 2012
      I enjoyed James' analogy, especially since one of our local ambulance groups got ticketed for running their lights without cause.

      One thing to remember is that there is only ONE indicator in the top right corner, but it may be for MANY Mic-E alerts.  Click the corner and you get them ALL.

      Having a given callsign would be difficult.
      Which would be appropriate:
          Highest Priority message?
          Do you provide the last received?
          Closest to you?
          Someone in your buddy list?

      Personally, I like ALERT or MIC-E as an indicator of that type of information, but don't have an issue with the current method.

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO

      Would it be better if the notification said ALERT when a Mic-E alert
      is heard rather than APRS-IS?

      Yes!  Finally you see my point.  Better still would be "Alert from W1ABC-9", but a simple "Alert" will do.

      And, this is my only point.  I have no quarrel with the alerts themselves, nor the messages they generate.

      Greg  KO6TH

    • Rob Giuliano