Re: [aprsisce] Automatic Filters & Auto-Multitrack Nicknames

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2012
      It's not all nicknames that will be buddies, but only those flagged for MultiTrack so that packets from those stations will be received so that the nickname's MultiTrack configuration will actually work as expected.  Otherwise, the MultiTrack will only work if the nicknamed station happens to otherwise land in your filter or come in via RF.

      On 6/25/2012 5:51 AM, Adam Mahnke wrote:
      I'm thinking yes, but I'm also thinking as an APRS NCS that I'd give known incoming stations nicknames. I'd just have to remember to disable them after the event.

      I'd say treat them as buddies, but don't add them to the automatic filter without asking first?

      Some nicknamed stations I'd say yes, and others I'd say no.

      Adam
      KC2ANT