Re: [aprsisce] mobile

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2010
      I vary the Genius settings depending on what I'm up to.

      Mobile Phone:
      Min Time: 15 (sec)
      Max Time: 30 (min)
      Heading: 30 (deg)
      Forecast: 1 (1/10 mile)
      Max distance: 10 (1/10 mile)

      Fixed station:
      Min Time: 300 (sec)
      Max Time: 30 (min)
      Heading: 180 (deg)
      Forecast: 1 (1/10 mile)
      Max distance: 10 (1/10 mile)

      The 180 degrees and 5 minutes (300 seconds) keeps a wondering GPS from
      firing too many updates to the network.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      PS. Yeah, I'm kinda liking the About downloader, especially now with
      the auto-restart. Thanks for the complements.