Future/Feature request

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 13, 2012
      Hi Lynn, I was just thinking how nice it would be to have a grey line
      feature..I have APRSIS running 24/7 on a machine and rather than open
      another program when working HF and other modes that is good to know
      Dark or Not, it would be nice to just zoom out on my APRSIS screen and
      see that.

      Thanks
      Rick/kd4dra

      P.S. Good to watch you and family on your Vacation, and Glad you back home, and Safe.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 13, 2012
        I'm not an expert on orbital mechanics nor solar illumination, but if
        you can find documentation on how to calculate and determine the
        location of the grey line, there'd be more of a chance of it coming to
        reality.

        On 6/13/2012 7:32 AM, Rick wrote:
        > Hi Lynn, I was just thinking how nice it would be to have a grey line
        > feature..I have APRSIS running 24/7 on a machine and rather than open
        > another program when working HF and other modes that is good to know
        > Dark or Not, it would be nice to just zoom out on my APRSIS screen and
        > see that.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Rick/kd4dra
        >
        > P.S. Good to watch you and family on your Vacation, and Glad you back home, and Safe.

      • Adam Mahnke
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 13, 2012
          Every program I have seen treats it like a satellite

          Sun 1995:

          Epoch time: 80.092361111    year 1995

          Inclination: 23.44 deg.

          RAAN: 0

          Arg. of perigee: 282.87 deg.

          MA: 75.2803

          MM: 0.0027379093

          Not sure if that's helpful or not, it's from '95.

          I'm still looking for Keps for the sun. I know that Ham Radio Deluxe has the ability to ploy the Sun and moon. but I'm not sure where it gets that data from.

          More to follow.

          Adam
          KC2ANT

          To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
          From: kj4erj@...
          Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:25:40 -0400
          Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Future/Feature request

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 13, 2012
            So, it looks like HRD has some special algorithms that plot the sun and moon, no idea where it gets the data from, or what those algorithms are. and quite honestly everytime I've asked for help on anything to do with HRD I've been met with silence.

            Adam
            KC2ANT

            To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com

            From: kj4erj@...
            Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:25:40 -0400

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 13, 2012
              And of course, arrg of pirates!

              From: kj4erj@...
              Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:25:40 -0400

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 13, 2012

                You can’t treat the sun and moon as satellites, well not accurately. And you need to take into account the change in tilt of the earth through the year.

                And if you want to get clever factor in the bending of light through the atmosphere.

                I have the code somewhere to do most of it, will dig it up

                Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                From: kj4erj@...
                Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:25:40 -0400

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 19, 2012

                  Eventually dug up the code, it’s really code to display the terminator line on a webpage, if anyone wants it feel free to contact me off list

                  From: kj4erj@...
                  Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:25:40 -0400