Re: [aprsisce] Olympic torch

    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 1, 2012
      If you're getting pixelation, then that's APRSISCE/32 trying to make do with the maps in the local cache and for some reason your tile server isn't giving you new tiles.  Bring up the OSM Trace Log (Enables / View Logs / OSM) and maybe enable it to see what sort of error messages you might be seeing.

      If you double-click an empty space on the map, what does it say after "Fetched:"?  Is there an increasing number in (nnnn Failed)?

      On 5/29/2012 3:21 PM, Bob Sayers wrote: I may have described the problem with an unfortunate choice of word, Lynn. By "detail" I meant not so much the map "content", but the level to which it can be zoomed and still remain readable. Just to the East of me, for example, there is/are one or more tiles (including 51.58N 00056.17W) which starts to get unacceptably pixelated at the 24.3 radius zoom level, while being surrounded by tiles capable of much finer "resolution".

      Internet Access and the Fetcher are both turned on.

      Bob