To see KJ4ERJ-12 on a US Topo option

    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2012
      Server: services.arcgisonline.com
      Max zoom: 15

    • Bob Harris
      Message 2 of 5 , May 30, 2012
        Thanks Fred.

        Exactly what was going through my mind. I was unaware anyone had done it!

        On 5/30/2012 1:41 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:

        Server: services.arcgisonline.com
        Max zoom: 15

        Bob Harris (K9UDX)
        Bath, NH

      • Adam Mahnke
        Message 3 of 5 , May 30, 2012
          Are these different than the world topo maps?

          Everything else appears to be the same in the URL

          Adam
          KC2ANT

          Message 4 of 5 , May 30, 2012
            Yes. But of course, don't take my word for it. :)

            They are not available outside the US. Sorry for the rest of you.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 30, 2012
              The original tiles from the Terra Server were useful for a long time and quite a few software packages used them. When they were planning to remove them, most of the packages updated to the newer 256x256 standard. There are a few hold outs but many because authors have lost interest for reason or another.

              Basically all the functionality of the original tiles, topos and aerials, have been replaced.

              Enjoy!
              Fred, N7FMH