Frequency Monitor

    Message 1 of 31 , May 19, 2012
      Given the unexpected implementation of the Frequency Monitor window,
      does it need anything in particular added or changed before being
      generally released?

      Do you find it useful, or is it an "that's cute, but why do I need it"
      thing?

      Would it be made more useful if I had a way to configure it to only pop
      open when the station transmitting the frequency is new or changes
      frequency?

      Would the WinMo auto-close timer be beneficial on Win32? I'm concerned
      that the mix of a timer and "new" would cause many useful bits to be
      missed. Possibly the station could be marked as "seen" if the window is
      manually closed, suppressing additional popups until the station purges,
      but not mark it "seen" if the timeout closes the window.

      Does it need some sort of distance checks? Am i within the beaconed
      range of the repeater's position? And if the repeater isn't including
      range, have some sort of distance/bearing indicator on the screen and
      maybe a "within distance" configuration for notification to occur?

      I'm looking at a use case of mobile operation through unfamiliar
      territory. If it only popped up new frequencies that were within range
      (either beaconed or locally configured limit), then it would be
      conveying timely, pertinent, and useful information. Driving down the
      road, you notice a popup, QSY and send out a call. Or you see a popup
      and don't want to be bothered so you close it never to be reminded of
      that station again (unless it ages out and becomes "new" again, "Seen"
      will not be persistent).

      Thoughts? And if you've got other use case ideas, post them here and
      we'll see about getting a Frequency Monitor wiki page put together.

    • Thomas Hole
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 29
        Thanks Fred. That’s exactly what I’m locking for.

        On Jan 29, 2014, at 11:34 AM, Fred Hillhouse Jr <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:

        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/en-freqmon

        Best regards,

        Fred N7FMH

        PS In the upper right corner you can “search this site”. That is how I found the page. J