Re: [aprsisce] HTC Mogul PPC-6800

  • David Shrum
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2010
      I had an Alltel brand one and if I remember correctly, that would be a
      no IF you are using a stock rom. Hardware wise it has one but you
      can't use it. If you have a different rom that is suppose to let you
      use it, I would say a qualified yes. Mine was very slow to lock on to
      see the 'birds'; but this was my mileage, yours may vary.

      Dave N8PU

      On 1/4/10, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:
      > Is anyone out there running the subject device with APRSISCE? Even
      > failing that, does anyone know if it actually contains a GPS? The
      > review below doesn't mention it even though it seems to be fairly detailed.
      >
      > http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/HTC-Mogul.htm
      >
      > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
      >
      > PS. If you have one, be cautious in trying it. I have a report that it
      > crashed a phone to the extent of needing an entire data restore.
      > Nothing in my program should be capable of causing that extreme of a
      > hang. At times, the program can be non-responsive (on my list to fix)
      > when you are out of data coverage, but the Start Menu still works and
      > Settings / System / Memory / Running Programs is always able to kill it
      > without even rebooting the phone, let alone losing data.

    • Noel Shrum
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2010
        I ran it for a little while on my Sprint HTC Mogul (PPC-6800).

        It worked great.

        Noel
        W8TVI