POS disables, packet rates, Auto-MultiTracker (Dev: 2012/05/01 22:14)

    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2012
      Fix borked POS Overlay visibility and disabling/removing.

      Don't believe GPS heading if not moving fast enough and don't do Heading
      pressure if not moved outside of coordinate precision. (Chuck AD4ES)

      Define DsVP as "Davis Vantage Pro" weather stations. (Greg K0GDI)

      Control-Double-Click on APRS-IS OK pane (Win32 only) brings up (possibly
      temporary) Port Status realtime packet count monitor windows. (Levi KJ6UGF)

      Track packet rates by type on a per-port basis. These are (currently)
      only visible via the Control-Double-Click above. (Hessu)

      Suppress NickName'd MultiTrackers from Save MultiTrack question, they'll
      open when new anyway.

      Only open NickName'd MultiTrack-When-New AFTER the packet has been fully
      processed. This avoids opening at 0,0 and then jumping to the correct
      location, provided that the first packet heard is a posit.

      Don't count Saved Posit reloads into type-specific hourly packet counts.

      Lynn (D) -KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2012

        I don’t know what you changed code wise in the GPS section, but my satellite bars are significantly more stable.

        Am running the gps through a gps sharing program that adds a slight delay, enough that I was getting the occasional white satellite problem

        Now I don’t seem to get that, and only get a change as satellites drop in and out as expected

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

          Message 4 of 8 , May 2, 2012
            I may be blind this morning or maybe I am assuming disabling/removing a POS Overlay would apply to a GPX Overlay. Am I blind? :)

            From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto:aprsisce@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)

            Fix borked POS Overlay visibility and disabling/removing.

            Message 5 of 8 , May 2, 2012
              No, you're seeing what's there.  The GPXs can currently only be added.  An upcoming version will bring them into full support (with selectable stuff) and then the POS overlays will do the same thing.  Overlays are a work in progress at this time, and I'm trying to build internal support for future sources of waypoints and lines at the same time.  Spending more time polishing my crystal ball than writing code.

              From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto:aprsisce@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)

              Fix borked POS Overlay visibility and disabling/removing.

              Message 6 of 8 , May 2, 2012
                Sneak preview:

                The only thing I haven't figured out where to fit is the transparency of the routes and tracks.  Of course, I also don't know how I'm going to pull that off anyway, so maybe I don't need to configure it!

                PS.  My rough sketch had another unlabelled checkbox to the left of the symbols and I couldn't remember what I was thinking.  Well, staring at this I remembered.....It's to enable or disable the symbols to be shown for the three different things that come out of a GPX, so I guess they need to go back in!

                From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto:aprsisce@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)

                Fix borked POS Overlay visibility and disabling/removing.

                Message 7 of 8 , May 2, 2012
                  This looks interesting! And thanks for letting me know I am not blind. :)

                  Fred, N7FMH

                  From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto:aprsisce@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)

                  Fix borked POS Overlay visibility and disabling/removing.

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 2, 2012
                    I just looked closer at a GPX I loaded. It has quite a bit of comment (address and some other data) in the content. That makes for a long line. An possible useful feature would be to only show the comment when at a particular zoom (preferable a range) level.

                    Also I noticed that every waypoint has the same altitude of 298ft. I will have to confirm that I didn't add altitudes to the GPX.

                    Thank you for your continue support!

                    From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto:aprsisce@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)

                    Fix borked POS Overlay visibility and disabling/removing.