RE: [aprsisce] aprsis with delorme GPS

  • Don
    Message 1 of 21 , May 1 4:53 PM

      No it is a window 7 32 bit.    I had it running yesterday, but I reinstalled the OS.   I copied the aprsis folder from the old hard drive to the new one. Install delorme’s serial port emulator and set it up with the same settings as before.    But now it does not show on APRSIS like it did with the old install.

      I am pulling my hair out  lol

      Message 2 of 21 , May 1 5:19 PM
        I'm not sure what you mean "is not showing on APRSIS"....  The GPS on the APRSIS32 screen, or your station's position on aprs.fi or equivalent?

        What did you see in an enabled NMEA trace log?

        Message 3 of 21 , May 1 7:47 PM

          The trouble with that is the local authorities will clean up everything but that.

          Luckily I still have some LP’s to throw

          Torbay Freecycle Moderator

          Message 4 of 21 , May 2 4:14 AM

            On May 1, 2012 6:14 PM, "kf4lvz" <agcme2002@...> wrote:

            > In the case of this particular "ALL" message it is a very useless message transmitted I think once per day every day. Obviously at once per day it's not really critical but it catches me off guard when I see the green box but it ends up being this useless "ALL" (I won't directly call out the station sending but if you saw the packet you would agree it's not serving any real purpose).

            So, why not contact the ALL message originator and offer to make the message more appropriate? Maybe it was something they set when they first set up the program and have forgot its doing that?

            My point here is your local network can only be improved by you and other local users. Sometimes you have to accept that they won't change, but until you attempt to make a change, don't decide just to ignore it, because someone else might thing that bad idea is a good one and just add to the congestion.

            It ain't easy trying to improve your local network, but worth the effort when it does cause an improvement.

            WF5X

          • Don
            Message 5 of 21 , May 2 8:03 AM

              Lynn,

              Well this morning it is working.  I made no changes since yesterday.

              APRSIS32 was not reading the data from the GPS.

              Thanks for your help and a great product.

                Message 7 of 21 , May 2 11:06 AM
                  It's not local, it's an IS originated message.