Re: [aprsisce] aprsis with delorme GPS

    Message 1 of 21 , May 1, 2012
      Oh, and if the Windows 7 laptop is 64 bit, it's unlikely that DeLorme's serial port emulator driver works at which point you're hosed.

      None with that basic information.

      If you use a terminal emulator to open COM4, do you see NMEA strings?

      If you have the APRSIS32 NMEA port configured appropriately and enable the GPS, what does the APRS-IS OK pane say when it says NMEA?  Does it ever get to NMEA OK?

      Bring up Enables / View Logs / NMEA and enable it, what do you see?

      Are there any other ports configured in APRSIS32 that might be flagged as passing GPS/NMEA data through?

      (Ok, so that's a lot of questions from someone that doesn't have any ideas, huh?)

      On 5/1/2012 6:26 PM, Don wrote:

      I have to redo my laptop and I copied the aprsis folder from my old hard drive to the new one.  I install Delorme sub to serial and setup the port for com4 and 4800 baud like my old setup , but I can’t get aprsis32 to receive the data from the GPS.

      Thisis a windows 7 laptop and I had no issues with the old setup.

      Anyideas?

      Thanks,

      73,Don

    • Don
      Message 2 of 21 , May 1, 2012

        I am using the very same files from the install that was working perfectly.   It does say Aprs-is OK and NMEA – OK and I can see the NMEA string with telnet.

        There are no other ports other than NMEA.   I have double check the ports and both softwares are on Com4 with a baud of 4800.    I can view the data coming from the GPS.

        Message 3 of 21 , May 1, 2012

          No it is a window 7 32 bit.    I had it running yesterday, but I reinstalled the OS.   I copied the aprsis folder from the old hard drive to the new one. Install delorme’s serial port emulator and set it up with the same settings as before.    But now it does not show on APRSIS like it did with the old install.

          I am pulling my hair out  lol

          Message 4 of 21 , May 1, 2012
            I'm not sure what you mean "is not showing on APRSIS"....  The GPS on the APRSIS32 screen, or your station's position on aprs.fi or equivalent?

            What did you see in an enabled NMEA trace log?

            Message 5 of 21 , May 1, 2012

              The trouble with that is the local authorities will clean up everything but that.

              Luckily I still have some LP’s to throw

              Torbay Freecycle Moderator

              Message 6 of 21 , May 2, 2012

                On May 1, 2012 6:14 PM, "kf4lvz" <agcme2002@...> wrote:

                > In the case of this particular "ALL" message it is a very useless message transmitted I think once per day every day. Obviously at once per day it's not really critical but it catches me off guard when I see the green box but it ends up being this useless "ALL" (I won't directly call out the station sending but if you saw the packet you would agree it's not serving any real purpose).

                So, why not contact the ALL message originator and offer to make the message more appropriate? Maybe it was something they set when they first set up the program and have forgot its doing that?

                My point here is your local network can only be improved by you and other local users. Sometimes you have to accept that they won't change, but until you attempt to make a change, don't decide just to ignore it, because someone else might thing that bad idea is a good one and just add to the congestion.

                It ain't easy trying to improve your local network, but worth the effort when it does cause an improvement.

                WF5X

              • Don
                Message 7 of 21 , May 2, 2012

                  Lynn,

                  Well this morning it is working.  I made no changes since yesterday.

                  APRSIS32 was not reading the data from the GPS.

                  Thanks for your help and a great product.

                    Message 9 of 21 , May 2, 2012
                      It's not local, it's an IS originated message.