Re: [aprsisce] IS-SRVR Port 8080

    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2012
      What would you expect to have come out the http port?

      And the answer is yes, but it may be implemented in Lua after that
      interpreter has been fully integrated into APRSISCE/32. That way, the
      user will have the ultimate control (with standard samples provided, of
      course) of what is presented via the web server.

      PS. From the ToDo list:

      Web port for remote viewing (PNG) of current screen
      UI-WEBServer (Ron K0QVF)
      Aprsisce be able to generate status reports, be it graphs, digi
      coverage, stats, traffic level, TX/RX tables, the works. And have them
      be generated in HTML.
      http://w7boz.no-ip.org Browse the UI-Webserver pages.
      http://www.qsl.net/w7boz/aprs_main.htm Links on the left of screen.
      (Kevin W7BOZ)

      On 5/1/2012 7:55 AM, g4ilo wrote:
      > Lynn,
      >
      > Do you have any plans to support an HTTP (port 8080) interface to the APRSISCE IS Server?
      >
      > Julian, G4ILO

    • ae5pl
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2012
        The javAPRSSrvr HTTP support does not return anything other than status code per HTTP standards. The reason is simple: APRS is a near real-time communications protocol, not a database protocol. If you want historical packets, there is a historical feed that does not accept packets. Why does it not accept packets? Because it is possible for those historical packets to be looped back around. I highly encourage all HTTP ports that might accept packets to be unidirectional. Also, no ports that accept packets should provide historical packets (and vice versa).

        73,

        Pete Loveall AE5PL

        > What would you expect to have come out the http port?
        >
        > And the answer is yes, but it may be implemented in Lua after that
        > interpreter has been fully integrated into APRSISCE/32. That way, the
        > user will have the ultimate control (with standard samples provided, of
        > course) of what is presented via the web server.

        > PS. From the ToDo list:
        >
        > Web port for remote viewing (PNG) of current screen
        > UI-WEBServer (Ron K0QVF)
        > Aprsisce be able to generate status reports, be it graphs, digi
        > coverage, stats, traffic level, TX/RX tables, the works. And have them
        > be generated in HTML.
        > http://w7boz.no-ip.org Browse the UI-Webserver pages.
        > http://www.qsl.net/w7boz/aprs_main.htm Links on the left of screen.
        > (Kevin W7BOZ)
      • g4ilo
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2012
          I'd want it to work the way Pete's javAPRSSrvr port 8080 works.

          I've got PHP scripts that can send an APRS message by simulating an HTTP client and calling one of the aprs2.net servers. I'd prefer to use my own server especially for testing things. I could probably do it using @fsockopen to port 14580 but I've had no success so far. Would one of the debug logs give me a clue as to why the server doesn't like my message?

          Julian, G4ILO

          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2012
            The IS-Server and Local-Server ports in APRSISCE/32 require an APRS-IS
            logon with a valid password or all incoming packets will be ignored.
            See http://www.aprs-is.net/Connecting.aspx for details on logging into
            an APRS-IS server.

            Unfortunately, the server support in APRSISCE/32 is still under ongoing
            development, so the diagnostics aren't well honed. You can try opening
            and enabling <YourServerPortName> and see what it has to say when your
            program connects and delivers a packet.

            I'll consider providing an http-accessible packet port similar to
            javAPRSSrvr's port 8080, it shouldn't be very difficult.

            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2012
              I seem to recall when I did a quick client that the logs were a good help. I used the port log if I remember correctly to at least figure out what to ask about. :)