HTC Mogul PPC-6800

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2010
      Is anyone out there running the subject device with APRSISCE? Even
      failing that, does anyone know if it actually contains a GPS? The
      review below doesn't mention it even though it seems to be fairly detailed.

      http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/HTC-Mogul.htm

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      PS. If you have one, be cautious in trying it. I have a report that it
      crashed a phone to the extent of needing an entire data restore.
      Nothing in my program should be capable of causing that extreme of a
      hang. At times, the program can be non-responsive (on my list to fix)
      when you are out of data coverage, but the Start Menu still works and
      Settings / System / Memory / Running Programs is always able to kill it
      without even rebooting the phone, let alone losing data.
    • David Shrum
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2010
        I had an Alltel brand one and if I remember correctly, that would be a
        no IF you are using a stock rom. Hardware wise it has one but you
        can't use it. If you have a different rom that is suppose to let you
        use it, I would say a qualified yes. Mine was very slow to lock on to
        see the 'birds'; but this was my mileage, yours may vary.

        Dave N8PU

        On 1/4/10, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:
        > Is anyone out there running the subject device with APRSISCE? Even
        > failing that, does anyone know if it actually contains a GPS? The
        > review below doesn't mention it even though it seems to be fairly detailed.
        >
        > http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/HTC-Mogul.htm
        >
        > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
        >
        > PS. If you have one, be cautious in trying it. I have a report that it
        > crashed a phone to the extent of needing an entire data restore.
        > Nothing in my program should be capable of causing that extreme of a
        > hang. At times, the program can be non-responsive (on my list to fix)
        > when you are out of data coverage, but the Start Menu still works and
        > Settings / System / Memory / Running Programs is always able to kill it
        > without even rebooting the phone, let alone losing data.

      • Noel Shrum
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2010
          I ran it for a little while on my Sprint HTC Mogul (PPC-6800).

          It worked great.

          Noel
          W8TVI