What's the go with RF-9600Bd

  • jandgandjochem
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2012
      Hi all,

      Want to do some testing here with APRS running on UHF 439.100 and 9600Bd.

      Got one D710 hooked up to APRSIS32 running on a KISS port (not simple KISS) and got another D710 in the car.

      Noticed that on the port configuration screen in APRSIS32 I can select RF 9600Bd but it wont stay there after accepting. It reverts back to 1200Bd.
      It also seems to overwrite the Packet 96 setting in the D710 even that was saved previously and Auto PM store is set to OFF. It was saved by
      F > PM > PM Number.

      Any help appreciated,

      Gerard
      VK2JNG
    • jandgandjochem
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2012
        --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "jandgandjochem" <vk2jng@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Want to do some testing here with APRS running on UHF 439.100 and 9600Bd.
        >
        > Got one D710 hooked up to APRSIS32 running on a KISS port (not simple KISS) and got another D710 in the car.
        >
        > Noticed that on the port configuration screen in APRSIS32 I can select RF 9600Bd but it wont stay there after accepting. It reverts back to 1200Bd.
        > It also seems to overwrite the Packet 96 setting in the D710 even that was saved previously and Auto PM store is set to OFF. It was saved by
        > F > PM > PM Number.
        >
        > Any help appreciated,

        Bumped up the list in the hope I get some help,

        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2012
          Sorry, I missed this one. The RF Baud port configuration setting in
          APRSISCE/32 is not used for anything at the current time. It will
          always revert to 1200, but nothing is sent to the radio in any case.

          Check your APRSIS32.XML file's <OpenCmd> settings. For a KISS port, it
          should be pretty straightforward, and nothing in there should disrupt
          the D710's settings (other than to put it into KISS mode and RESTART the
          TNC), but only you and your D710 can know for sure.

          Unfortunately, I do not own nor have immediate access to a D710 and
          never experimented with 9600 baud settings when I did use one
          originally, so hopefully someone else out there might have some insight.

          I know if you're using one of the Kwd710(*) modes, there's LOTS of TNC
          commands in there that might override your manual settings, but the KISS
          mode port shouldn't do that.