Re: [aprsisce] Re: What phone

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
      I didn't have time to study the link you sent, but you'd also want to
      have an unlimited Internet service on the phone. The GPS must
      (currently) be supported by the Windows Mobile GPSapi. The upcoming
      release will be able to do NMEA GPS via direct or Bluetooth serial port.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      g4ilo wrote:
      > Is there anything specific besides Windows Mobile and GPS that a phone would need to have to run this? Would it run on an HP iPAQ like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Voice-Messenger-Organiser-Windows-Mobile/dp/B001NPE8LS/
      >
      > Julian, G4ILO
      >
      > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh" <kj4erj@...> wrote:
      >
      >> I developed APRSISCE for an AT&T Tilt (HTC TyTN II) and still use it on
      >> that phone.

    • g4ilo
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
        Thanks. I checked on that and "unlimited" over here is subject to a fair usage restriction of 750MB / month. Would that be a problem?

        I've found an HTC T3232 Touch 3G which looks OK. So I might go for that instead.

        Julian, G4ILO

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
          How much data you use is subject to the APRS activity in your area, the
          range that you configure, and how long you keep the client connected
          (mine is 24x7). If you double-click the screen part that normally says
          "APRS OK", it will give you the packets and bytes sent and received
          since that instance of the client was started.

          A client on my desktop that has been running since 1/1 7:46 (1 day 16
          hours) says 8,663,362 bytes total with a 200 mile range.

          Another client running an unfiltered full feed that has been running for
          since 12/31 at 16:26 (2 days 4.5 hours) says 490,145,574 bytes.

          Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - As always, YMMV!