Re: What phone

  • g4ilo
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
      Is there anything specific besides Windows Mobile and GPS that a phone would need to have to run this? Would it run on an HP iPAQ like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Voice-Messenger-Organiser-Windows-Mobile/dp/B001NPE8LS/

      Julian, G4ILO

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
        I didn't have time to study the link you sent, but you'd also want to
        have an unlimited Internet service on the phone. The GPS must
        (currently) be supported by the Windows Mobile GPSapi. The upcoming
        release will be able to do NMEA GPS via direct or Bluetooth serial port.

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

        g4ilo wrote:
        > Is there anything specific besides Windows Mobile and GPS that a phone would need to have to run this? Would it run on an HP iPAQ like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Voice-Messenger-Organiser-Windows-Mobile/dp/B001NPE8LS/
        >
        > Julian, G4ILO
        >
        > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh" <kj4erj@...> wrote:
        >
        >> I developed APRSISCE for an AT&T Tilt (HTC TyTN II) and still use it on
        >> that phone.

      • g4ilo
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
          Thanks. I checked on that and "unlimited" over here is subject to a fair usage restriction of 750MB / month. Would that be a problem?

          I've found an HTC T3232 Touch 3G which looks OK. So I might go for that instead.

          Julian, G4ILO

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
            How much data you use is subject to the APRS activity in your area, the
            range that you configure, and how long you keep the client connected
            (mine is 24x7). If you double-click the screen part that normally says
            "APRS OK", it will give you the packets and bytes sent and received
            since that instance of the client was started.

            A client on my desktop that has been running since 1/1 7:46 (1 day 16
            hours) says 8,663,362 bytes total with a 200 mile range.

            Another client running an unfiltered full feed that has been running for
            since 12/31 at 16:26 (2 days 4.5 hours) says 490,145,574 bytes.

            Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - As always, YMMV!