APRSISCE.xml

  • EDER FARES (FABUAN)
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 6, 2010

      KJ4ERJ

      friend, I made the list and installed the program on my windows mobile motorola Q11.
      I inform you that perfect and very very very good program
      and would like some information.
      generated file APRSISCE.xml
      when I edit it in the text, changing some information and saved again in the actual location of the phone, running on the phone it works take the satellite signal, but not log into server
      I would log into the server from Brazil
      brazil.aprs2.net: 14,579
      when I change the server it does not work anymore on the network, not log does not receive and not send msg.
      would like more information about the configurations of the XML file for modifications.
      and also change the system of maps
      I found this line in the XML file
      <OSM.Server> Tile.openstreetmap.org </ OSM.Server>
      I believe that is where loads maps.
      would be possible to add maps directly on your phone to prevent the download of the maps while avoiding the burden of Mobile Internet package.
      if you can add maps on the phone how best to do.

      since I'm already very grateful for the program and so I have to tell which is very very good.
      big hug

      eder
      py2xat

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 6, 2010
        Eder,

        I'm glad you like the program. That makes it easier for me to keep
        putting the time in to add more features.

        Are you using only the APRSISCE version or did you also download and
        install the APRSIS32 for Windows? That one is easier to get configured
        because you don't need to go back and forth to the phone. The XML
        layout and everything are similar, but the names are changed. It will
        also be easier to download maps on a PC and then copy them to you phone
        when you get to that point.

        There is a Wiki at http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/ that has information like:

        Editing the XML file: http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/editing-xml-configuration

        Prefetching maps: http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/map-prefetch

        Disabling Map purging: http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/moving-osmtiles

        The current development version makes it easier to configure the APRS-IS
        server. To get it, edit the XML file (see above) and change
        <Update.Development> to 1. You must do this with the program closed and
        use a plain text editor. If you're editing on a Windows Mobile
        synchronization host, you'll need to wait for the file to go both ways
        (see Wiki page above). After that is set, use the About menu option to
        download the latest version.

        I do not see any reason that brazil.aprs2.net:14579 would not work, but
        you don't want any spaces or commas in there. If you entered it as you
        showed it below, it would not work.

        See if this works out for you and post back here for whatever you want
        to do next.

        PS. Unless Brazil is pretty quiet, that might be too much data for a
        mobile connection to sustain. A range filter on port 14580 might be a
        better choice on the phone.

        EDER FARES (FABUAN) wrote:

        > KJ4ERJ
        >

        > friend, I made the list and installed the program on my windows mobile
        > motorola Q11.
        > I inform you that perfect and very very very good program
        > and would like some information.
        > generated file APRSISCE.xml
        > when I edit it in the text, changing some information and saved again
        > in the actual location of the phone, running on the phone it works
        > take the satellite signal, but not log into server
        > I would log into the server from Brazil
        > brazil.aprs2.net: 14,579
        > when I change the server it does not work anymore on the network, not
        > log does not receive and not send msg.
        > would like more information about the configurations of the XML file
        > for modifications.
        > and also change the system of maps
        > I found this line in the XML file
        > <OSM.Server> Tile.openstreetmap.org </ OSM.Server>
        > I believe that is where loads maps.
        > would be possible to add maps directly on your phone to prevent the
        > download of the maps while avoiding the burden of Mobile Internet package.
        > if you can add maps on the phone how best to do.
        >
        > since I'm already very grateful for the program and so I have to tell
        > which is very very good.
        > big hug
        >
        > eder
        > py2xat

      • EDER FARES (FABUAN)
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 6, 2010
          Lynn, thanks for the reply email
          APRSIS32 program for Windows installed on my computer, well, forgot to say
          in the previous email. and very good but the version for windows.

          not gonna change ... the xml file
          If you have any information of a filter when you can pass me this filter to
          have access only to Brazil.
          not to charge the phone.
          big hug and thank

          eder
          py2xat

          Enviada em: domingo, 6 de junho de 2010 19:36
          Para: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
          Assunto: Re: [aprsisce] APRSISCE.xml

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 6, 2010
            I'm assuming you have GPS in the phone that will track your current
            position. With that, simply use Configure / General and set the Range
            to 1/10 mile increments that you want to see around your current
            location. APRSISCE/32 will do the rest. For instance, the state of
            Florida is about 360 miles from top to bottom and I live in the middle,
            so I set my Range to 1800 (1800/10 = 180 miles). This gives me nearly
            the entire state. When I go mobile for a long time, I reduce this to
            500 or so (50 miles) to reduce the data traffic into my phone and save
            battery life. This is all done through the Configure / General dialog box.

            You can also read about other filter capabilities at
            http://www.aprs-is.net/javAPRSFilter.aspx

            Just enter the desired filter term (no leading word of "filter" or
            anything that other APRS-IS clients might need) into the Configure /
            General / Add Filter field. Each filter term is separated by a space in
            that entry.