Re: [aprsisce] Re: Kiss Mode for RF

    Message 1 of 33 , Jun 3, 2010
      KJ4ERJ-9 is my main mobile station in my White 1985 Pontiac Parissienne
      driving around as a snowmobile in Florida. It consists of the following:

      Alinco DR-135 2m radio

      ArgentData OT2m TNC/Tracker connected to rear data port

      Garmin Nuvi 350 on dash providing GPS and Messaging interface to the OT2m

      That is all operational today. Prior to this week, the OT2m was an
      internal T2-135 which was a cleaner package but would not support what
      I'm doing next, which is...

      Connect a Bluetooth to serial adapter to the second serial port of the
      OT2m. This port will be in KISS mode.

      When my phone running APRSISCE as KJ4ERJ-12 is in the car, I'll be
      enabling a KISS serial interface over Bluetooth to the OT2m. This will
      provide mobile IGate services via the phone as well as local display of
      RF-received packets. And with Messaging / My Messages enabled, I'll be
      able to reply to KJ4ERJ-9 messages from KJ4ERJ-12 in a more
      user-friendly fashion (especially after I get the chat interface
      implemented).

      I ran this same configuration last Sunday and Monday but with a Kenwood
      D710 instead of the DR-135/OT2m. KJ4ERJ-14 was the callsign that was
      doing both the 710 and APRSISCE. Bluetooth was the connection from the
      phone to the 710. KJ4OVQ-9 (another Alinco DR-135/T2-135/Nuvi350) was
      co-resident in the van with the 710 and KJ4DXK-9 was in his own car with
      a Yaesu 2600/KPC-3+. Most of their packets were IGated by KJ4ERJ-14 and
      we had the best "RF" track that I've ever seen along that route (we went
      through an area of sparse APRS coverage).

      I can't wait to have it all set up and operational, probably by the end
      of this week in KJ4ERJ-9/KJ4ERJ-12.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Having way too much fun with my toys!

      Message 33 of 33 , Jun 3, 2010