Re: [aprsisce] Re: icon Digi (symbol 35)

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 3, 2012
      So, may I ask why you're opting to nickname override your own ME
      symbol? That's why nickname components are individually selectable, so
      you don't have to lock them all into your local preference.

    • Ron N9SZV
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 3, 2012
        I guess because the option is there? LOL I really don't know...

        Ron N9SZV

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 3, 2012
          Understood. I actually added the option so that event coordinators
          could override symbols and such for APRS participants that arrive
          without the ability to reconfigure their stations. That way the central
          map can show whatever is sensible regardless of what the stations are
          actually transmitting.

          I just never figured that the ME nickname might be used in that
          fashion! Chalk another confusing feature up to the FAQ list.

        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 4, 2012
            Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...

            > Anyone have any idea how UI-View handled stacked stations?

            If they are all at the same location, they will be stacked on the
            screen. The most recently heard station will be on top. Double
            clicking on a single station brings up the station details. When
            there are multiple stations stacked at the same location, double
            clicking on the stack will bring up a list of those stations in a
            pop-up window. The user then selects the desired station from
            the list to bring up the details. When there are more than five
            stations stacked, the window will have a scroll bar.

            The user can also right-click on a station and select certain actions.
            When there are multiple stations stacked in one location, right-clicking
            will bring up a list of those stations as above. Selecting the desired
            station will bring up the usual right click options that you would see
            when right-clicking on a non-stacked station.

            FYI, as well as there being standard right click options, the user can
            add as many "right click URLs" as they desire... e.g. to look up a
            station on findu.com or aprs.fi, or the raw data on either one of them,
            or a QRZ lookup, or a RAC database lookup for Canadian callsigns
            and so on. I even have the APRS101.pdf file in my right click options.
            It's just a fast and easy way to get it up on the screen without having
            to go somewhere else to grab it.

            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
            --
            www.ui-view.org