Re: [aprsisce] Re: Getting OSM tiles for offline use

  • Mason, Billy (list accts)
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2012
      I too can verify that directories with leading 0's are being created. Just tried it on a brand new computer here in the office, and now have map directories 01 through 17 appearing in my OSMTile directory.

      Billy

      On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      There's logic in APRSISCE/32 that's supposed to detect if single digit directories have a leading zero or not.  Any new directories it needs to create will follow what was detected but the default is to create directories WITH the leading zero as this allows pre-Vista versions of Windows to sort by name a bit better.

      If someone can devise a test of this logic, please do and let me know the results.  It'd be a matter of renaming all of your <=9 zoom directories to have no leading zero and then start up APRSISCE/32 using that tile set.  If leading zero directories re-appear, then I've got a bust.  If those zoom levels still have maps, then my logic is working correctly.

      On 4/2/2012 9:19 AM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
      I think all the other applications that use the SlippyMaps use no leading 0 for zoom levels <=9. I thought had a fix that would allow APRSISCE/32 to use the single digit levels.

      In reality, the tiles at 9 and below don't add up to many in size or number any so I have both.

> [...]

        > > you need to download the OSM map tiles for the area you want in
        > > advance. For example I use it running on a HP pocket PC (iPaq) in my car.
        > > You can use APRSIS CE/32 to to this for you using the prefetch feature
        > > but it only gets the current zoom level plus two more and I find
        > > moving the map area about can be a bit tedious.
        > > To make it easier I use a program called 'OSM for APRS-Go' (APRS-Go
        > > being similar to APRSISCE but seems to have fallen by the wayside)
        > > which allows the downloading of the OSM tiles for an area at 5
        > > different zoom levels at a go. That is you select an area at a
        > > particular zoom (in a way I find a bit simpler than APRSIS) and it'll
        > > download the tiles for that area plus all the corresponding tiles at
        > > the next 4 zoom levels, i.e. if you start at zoom 9 you'll get that
        > > area at zooms 9,10,11,12 & 13.
        > >
        > > The prog and instructions can be found here;

      • Colin M0XSD