Re: [aprsisce] Re: JPEG Tiles & alternate URLs (Dev: 2012/03/19 23:10)

    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1 7:56 PM
      Can you post details on the tile sets you're asking about? Also, you
      have to be running the latest development release
      (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:development-version) for JPEGs to work.

      On 4/1/2012 10:39 PM, ae5jo wrote:
      > I must be missing something. I'm not having errors anymore but jpeg tiles just appear as solid white. Also, when I tried to enter the ArcGIS URL there aren't enough fields in the text box. I manually entered it into the .xml but when I switch between tile sets and go back to the ArcGIS map, it chops the URL down in the .xml. What am I doing wrong?
      >
      > Thanks!
      > John
      >
      > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, Greg Dolkas<ko6th.greg@...> wrote:
      >> Yea!!
      >>
      >> Greg KO6TH
      >>

      >> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)<kj4erj@...>wrote:
      >>
      >>> **
      >>>

      >>> For those that were wanting JPEG map tile support, here it is.
      >>>
      >>> For those that want to download non-standard tile URLs, simply flesh out
      >>> the URL Prefix in your tile set with %z, %x, and %y as needed. For
      >>> instance, the default tile set could now use "/%z/%x/%y.png" instead of
      >>> the current "/" (if no %'s are found, then %z/%x/%y.png is assumed).
      >>>
      >>> If you've got an inverted X or Y, then make it %!x or %!y, although this
      >>> is completely untested.
      >>>
      >>> Consider:
      >>>
      >>> Name: NationalMap
      >>> Server: server.arcgisonline.com : 80
      >>>
      >>> Name: Terrain
      >>> Server: tile.stamen.com : 80
      >>>
      >>> And whatever that MapQuest tile set was that broke recently because it's
      >>> now JPEGs in a PNG filename, it should work with no changes to the
      >>> configuration at all as I first try a PNG and if that fails, I try

    • ae5jo
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 2 8:07 PM
        That's my problem. Missing the obvious! I wasn't running the development version. That fixed it... thanks!

        > Can you post details on the tile sets you're asking about? Also, you
        > have to be running the latest development release
        > (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:development-version) for JPEGs to work.

        > On 4/1/2012 10:39 PM, ae5jo wrote:
        > > I must be missing something. I'm not having errors anymore but jpeg tiles just appear as solid white. Also, when I tried to enter the ArcGIS URL there aren't enough fields in the text box. I manually entered it into the .xml but when I switch between tile sets and go back to the ArcGIS map, it chops the URL down in the .xml. What am I doing wrong?
        > >
        > > Thanks!
        > > John
        > >
        > > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, Greg Dolkas<ko6th.greg@> wrote:
        > >> Yea!!
        > >>
        > >> Greg KO6TH

      • w7boz
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 3 4:05 AM
          Can someone update me on the Tile's development? I have missed the whole discussion and what is new. I have caught some bits and pieces.

          Thanks, Kevin
          W7BOZ

          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 3 4:29 AM
            Several tile servers have changed their tile images from PNG to JPEG
            even though they're still calling them z/x/y.PNG. APRSIS32 only did
            PNGs (APRSISCE did both). That has been corrected so that tiles coming
            from servers that are JPEGs (regardless of their file name) are
            displayed correctly.

            There's also changes in the URL specification of a Tile Set such that
            you can put %x, %y, and %z in their. The default is the OSM-standard of
            %z/%x/%y.png if there are no % in the URL (backward compatbility). For
            tile.openstreetmap.org, you can use / or /%z/%x/%y.png as they are
            equivalent. Some tile servers order their components differently and
            some actually invert one of the coordinates. That can be specified in a
            Tile Set URL with %!x %!y or (none do this that I'm aware of) %!z.

            This information needs to get into the Tile Set wiki page also...

            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 3 5:56 AM
              I have been slow to getting to the WIKI. I will get to it this week. Had a couple of interruptions, a funeral (not mine, sorry!) and a couple other things, that have required time.

              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 3 12:33 PM
                Check out the WIKI regarding tile sets:

                On 4/3/2012 7:05 AM, w7boz wrote:
                > Can someone update me on the Tile's development? I have missed the whole discussion and what is new. I have caught some bits and pieces.
                >
                > Thanks, Kevin
                > W7BOZ
                >
                > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)"<kj4erj@...> wrote:
                >> Can you post details on the tile sets you're asking about? Also, you
                >> have to be running the latest development release
                >> (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:development-version) for JPEGs to work.

                >> On 4/1/2012 10:39 PM, ae5jo wrote:
                >>> I must be missing something. I'm not having errors anymore but jpeg tiles just appear as solid white. Also, when I tried to enter the ArcGIS URL there aren't enough fields in the text box. I manually entered it into the .xml but when I switch between tile sets and go back to the ArcGIS map, it chops the URL down in the .xml. What am I doing wrong?
                >>>
                >>> Thanks!
                >>> John

              • g4ilo
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 4 1:34 AM
                  Anyone in the UK using the free-map walkers tile set (http://www.free-map.org.uk)? At some point between now and when I last used it, it seems to have stopped working, and I'm just seeing a few giant pixels on the screen in both Win32 and WinMo versions.

                  This is what I have in the xml:

                  <TileServer Name="Free-Map">
                  <Server>tilesrv.sucs.org</Server>
                  <Port>80</Port>