digi

  • wellmanl
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012
      Am thinking about setting up an digi/igate for field use.
      Am I correct in the following:
      OT1+ in KISS

      1. putting the digiXform into service will allow digipeating.
      Now assuming I have the digiXform configured,
      2. if I enable Internet access and enable/ports/receive-only
      then I am an igate
      3. if I disable Internet access and uncheck the receive-only
      then I am a digi

      Or am I incorrect and should have alternate xml files for
      igate and digi
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012

        The software is an igate by default and adding the digiXform entries will get you going as a digi for those paths you enter also

        Receive only just means you wont transmit on RF.

        If you leave the software non receive only, if you have a net connection you will be an igate and a digi, if you don’t have a net connection then you will just be a digi

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator