Re: Argent Data Systems

  • Ron N9SZV
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012
      Lynn I sure hope this T3-135 is as good as your T2 one is! I'm a little worried with what one of the hams said he can't get his to work....

      Ron N9SZV

      > Yep, but the T2-135 has been discontinued, I believe, and the T3-135 is
      > back-ordered. But I can't say enough good about them. KJ4OVQ-9 is a
      > T2-135 inside an Alinco feeding from/to a Nuvi 350 in my wife's van.
      > KJ4ERJ-9 was originally a T2-135 that I swapped for an external OT2m to
      > add a Bluetooth device for interfacing on demand with APRSISCE on my
      > KJ4ERJ-12 phone, also with a Nuvi 350. Both work very well for me.
      >
      > You'll want to join the Tracker2 Yahoo group
      > (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Tracker2/) for order/availability status
      > as well as configuration support if necessary.

      > On 3/31/2012 12:53 PM, Ron N9SZV wrote:
      > > Has anyone from the US ordered any thing from here? Looking to buy that TNC for my Alinco DR-135 (Tracker2 - Alinco DR-135T internal board T2-135) that Lynn told me about. That is it Lynn is it?
      > >
      > > https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=55
      > >
      > > Ron N9SZV

    • Ron N9SZV
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012
        Lynn, I forgot to ask you when I setup the new TNC do I have it in Simple kiss or just the Kiss mode I know it asks....Thanks

        Ron

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2, 2012
          I have and am quite happy with everything!

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2, 2012
            Ron,

            I didn't see a reply to your question, so it probably got lost in the flurry of messages. I don't even pretend to be Lynn, but I will take a stab at this.

            The difference between regular KISS and Simply KISS is that regular KISS sets up the port so it sends Kenwood D710 (I think it is) setup commands on startup (and shutdown, if my memory is correct) of APRSISCE(32), and Simply KISS sets the port up so that no setup commands will be sent...in other words, as a generic TNC.

            Based on my experience with various Open Tracker versions (I have never used the T2-135), I suggest you put the T2-135 into KISS mode by setting it up that way with a terminal program before starting APRSISCE(32), and then set the APRSISCE(32)port up as a Simply KISS port after starting APRSISCE(32). If the T2-135 is like the OT's, it will stay in KISS mode even after removing and reapplying power. Don't forget to read the last FAQ on the Argent website concerning beaconing and digipeating. Unless disabled, it will continue to beacon and digipeat even in KISS mode. I suspect these can actually be disabled in the configuration program, or via the right commands sent from a terminal program.

            When you first get the unit installed, hook it up to a terminal program and play with the commands. If the T2-135 fails to respond to commands, you may have slipped it into KISS mode. Simply hit Ctrl-C more than 3 times, and it should come back out.

            Mark
            KE6BB