RE: [aprsisce] Fwd: [bikeMS] Revisions to 2012 Route Links

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 22 11:17 AM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 11 KB
    I used maps.google.com to route the ride. Then, I passed the data to GMAPtoGPX. The output ended up being only 233 points, even that that could be simplified.

    The following link has a place to upload a file and view the track. Although I just tried it myself and it didn't work for me.

    You don't get the mile markers and other notes with mapping it yourself, but the price was right. :)

    From: Jason Triolo <jtriolo@...>
    Date: Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 13:43
    Subject: [bikeMS] Revisions to 2012 Route Links
    To: bikems-central-florida@...

    I had to rewrite some of the links in Mapmyride. A few of them were corrupted beyond the ability to edit. Below are the latest links:

    Sat 50
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/64984246

    Sat 75
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/64986588

    Sat 100
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/75039998

    Sun 50
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/76764680

    Sun 75
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/76765954

    For those with other PC-based mapping software, you may be able to use these routes. They can be exported into several formats, many of which are compatible with other devices and software. However, having no direct experience with all of the different software, I don't know what will work, and what won't. For those who would like to try them on different software, please feel free to do so, and let us know how it works.

    Message 2 of 10 , Mar 26 6:58 AM
      Hi Lynn,

      I spent more time thinking about importing GPX data since I had some time on the road travelling between sugar houses this last weekend. Maple! Yum!

      Initially, you could just add a user option for importing GPX data with a simple notice that too many points may have an impact on performance. Using the 7700 point file would cause an impact to most machines, while the 250 point version I created would be much less.

      Later, a route/track simplifier could be added. A simplifier would certainly be a nice addition. The tool I am using allow me to simplify to the level I am willing to accept.

      Thanks!

      Best regards,
      Fred